Friday, July 6, 2012

Garlic & Parmesan Pull Apart Bread

Garlic pull apart

I hope that those of you in the middle of this awful heatwave are finding a way to cope with this heat. I truly feel for those with no power and a heatwave to contend with. I can only imagine how miserable that must be.

I don't like the heat and I hate the humidity. It was terribly humid on the 4th but we trudged through. Thank goodness my house is air conditioned so folks could run back inside to cool off for a bit. Having the AC also comes in handy when I want to use the oven. I haven't been doing a whole lot of baking.

I did turn the oven on a few times though. Once to make this delicious and easy pull apart bread. It was worth the 22 minutes the oven was on. There there was the business of taking a photo.

There are times when I barely get to take a picture of the food I want to blog about.

I get groans when I bring a dish outside or into the garage to photograph it. I've even had teenage boys waiting besides me, forks in hand, ready to pounce as soon as I say "I got it". It's true.

Other times I'll make a separate plate of the dish and photograph after we all eat. That way I get feedback too.

This was one of those recipes that had them waiting. It smelled so heavenly. They just couldn't wait to dig in.

There are versions of this floating all over the blogosphere. Don't ask me where I got this one.
I did adapt the original recipe a bit. Don't I always?

Garlic pull apart 1

Garlic Parmesan Pull-Apart Bread
1 can of refrigerated Grands biscuits (not the flaky layers)
1/2 stick of butter
3 cloves of garlic, minced
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1 tsp Italian Seasoning

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Throw the cold stick of butter in a bundt pan and let it melt in the preheating oven.

While the butter melts, cut the Grands biscuits into quarters. In a bowl, toss the biscuit pieces, garlic, Italian Seasoning, and Parmesan cheese together.

Once the butter is melted, add the biscuit mixture to the pan, sprinkling with any cheese and garlic that gets let behind in the bowl.

Bake at 350 degrees for 20- 22 minutes until golden brown. Turn out on a dish and enjoy!
Post a Comment