Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Chocolate Peanut Butter Bundt Cake

Chocolate Bundt with Peanut Butter

My youngest is a peanut butter fiend.

I buy the big jars at my local BJ's Wholesale club and I'm telling you, that child goes through a jar every few weeks!

I'm not the biggest peanut butter fan but I make treats with peanut butter in them because I know he likes it so much.

I decided to make him a cake over the weekend. I'll admit, I was busy experimenting with a few new recipes so I looked for a cake that started with a cake mix. I have no shame in using a cake mix. They can be a working Mom's best friend at times.

He loved the super moist cake and the peanut buttery filling (and I'm sure the gooey chocolate topping didn't hurt either).

When you need something quick....this will fit the bill.

Chocolate Bundt with Peanut Butter 1


Chocolate Peanut Butter Bundt Cake
PRINTABLE RECIPE
1 box (about 18 oz) yellow,  white or butter cake mix
1 cup water
1/3 cup oil
4 eggs
½ cup creamy peanut butter
1 small package (4 servings) instant chocolate pudding mix

Preheat oven to 350F. In a large mixing bowl, use a mixer to beat together the cake mix, water, oil and eggs. Remove one cup of batter to a small bowl. Beat peanut butter into reserved one cup of batter. Add the chocolate pudding mix to the large bowl of batter. Beat until well combined.

Grease and flour a 10-12 cup bundt pan (or use non-stick baking spray with flour). Spoon about 1/3 of the chocolate batter into the prepared bundt pan. Spoon peanut butter batter over the chocolate layer, keeping batter away from the edges of the pan. Spoon remaining chocolate batter over the peanut butter layer. Bake at 350F for 40-45 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool in pan on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Invert onto serving plate and cool completely. Once cool, top with ganache.

Chocolate Ganache Frosting
4 oz chocolate chips
1/2  cup heavy cream
1 teaspoon vanilla

Place the chips in a mixing bowl. In a saucepan, heat cream until it comes to a boil. Pour cream over chocolate in mixing bowl and stir until chocolate is melted and glossy. Stir in vanilla. Pour over cooled cake. You can pop it in the fridge to let the ganache harden up a bit.

No comments: