Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Bangers and Mash Sausage Rolls

Bangers Mash Rolls

I don't know if it's a fairly new thing but for the past 6 months or so I kept getting these little videos on my Facebook feed from Tasty. There are short instructional videos and I drool over almost all of them.

I started to save them in Facebook. Did you know that you can do that? I had no clue either until someone showed me. So I had a few Tasty videos saved and I would look at them from time to time and this Bangers and Mash video just kept poking me in the side you know. Make me. Make me. I told my hubby about it and he was like "oh yeah, make that". So I did.

It was super easy to throw together. I happened to have had mashed potatoes left over from the previous nights meal so I thought it was the perfect opportunity to throw it together.

I bought big, fat breakfast sausages from my company cafeteria, but you could use a regular Italian sausage if you'd like. My youngest son really loved them and has asked me several time when I'll be making them again. Safe to say these will be in rotation at my house. I made 4 with this recipe, but I'll have to double it next time!

For those of you who haven't heard of Bangers and Mash.....also known as sausages and mash, is a traditional British Isles dish made of mashed potatoes and sausages, the latter of which may consist of a variety of flavored sausage made of pork or beef or a Cumberland sausage. It is sometimes served with onion gravy, fried onions, baked beans, or peas. It is mostly eaten in the United Kingdom, Canada, Australia, and New Zealand.

Shout out to my family of friends across the pond....this one's for you! xoxo


Bangers Mash Roll 2s


Bangers And Mash Sausage Rolls
original recipe from Tasty.
PRINTABLE RECIPE
4 Sausages - I used big fat breakfast sausages, any larger sausage would work.
Mashed Potatoes /cold
1 sheet Puff Pastry /thawed
1 Egg, beaten

Brown the Sausages on all sides in a large skillet - until mostly cooked through. Set aside to cool slightly. Unroll each sheet of puff pastry and cut into 4 pieces. Spread a little mashed potato over each pastry coming withing a half inch from the border of the pastry. Top with cooked sausage and additional mashed potato on top. Roll up each sheet - pinch together to seal and trim off any excess. Place on a greased or parchment lined baking sheet - seam side down - and brush each roll with beaten egg.

Bake in a preheated oven at 375˚F for 25-30 minutes or until the pastry is golden and crispy on all sides and the meat has cooked through.

No comments: