Monday, March 9, 2009

Mom according to Evan

I saw this list of "interview" questions on Wisdom of the Moon . I found myself laughing and "awwwing" as I read the responses so I decided to sit down with Evan and ask them to him.

I also asked my almost 14 year old if he'd like to answer them. "Ummm, no thanks Mom". That totally would take away 15 minutes of his precious telephone time. How dare I even ask!

If you have a few minutes I encourage you to sit down with your kids and record the answers to these questions. I typed everything he said, just as he said it, with no editing. My comments are in blue. I think years from now we will re-read them and smile.

Evan interview


1. What is something your mom always says to you?
Hello. Hi. Where’s Moose? I love you. Go get me a comfy cozy blankie.

2. What makes your mom happy?
Go look on your blog you have like 19 of them, oh and Coca Cola gummies and pie.

3. What makes your mom sad?
Oprah. Dying kids. When she thinks about Fatty.

4. How does your mom make you laugh?
When she drops something or uses weird words.

5. What did your mom like to do when she was a child?
Go in the pool. Go to Rocky Point. Did this strange yelling thing in her neighborhood.

6. How old is your mom?
42 or 43. (I love him, I'm 44)

7. How tall is your mom?
5 feet. She is SM – all. (My husband always calls me small but he says it like "S –M all", Evan picked up on it)

8. What is her favorite thing to do?
Cook and bake and work in the garden, oh and go to the Christmas Tree Shop, and sing strange songs.

9. What does your mom do when you're not around?
I’m not around so I don’t know.

10. If your mom becomes famous, what will it be for?
Her pies and cupcakes.

11. What is your mom really good at?
Cooking and baking.

12. What is your mom not very good at?
Whistling.

13. What does your mom do for her job?
Apply people. (I work in HR, lol)

14. What is your mom's favorite food?
Chocolate, eggplant, apple pie, Nutella.

15. What makes you proud of your mom?
That she cooks good food for us. That she works hard to take care of us.

16. If your mom were a cartoon character, who would she be?
Pepe Le Pew ????

17. What do you and your mom do together?
Lay on the couch and watch movies. Play games. Make pancakes.

18. How are you and your mom the same?
We both love sweet things and we look alike.

19. How are you and your mom different?
I don’t call the dog weird names like Baby Doo Doo and she does.

20. How do you know your mom loves you?
She doesn’t starve me to death and she makes me pudding.

22. Where is your mom's favorite place to go?
In bed with the dog and Things Made Wonderful.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aw, so cute!! I dont think I could get any of my kids to sit long enough to answer all the questions.

preTzel said...

I love it! I am going to go interview my kids now. All 3 of them. Just to torture them. :)

krysta said...

i'd hate to see how my kids would answer these questions.

Miss G said...

So fun! I love that your son mentioned the Christmas Tree Shops in the interview and that's what you commented on my blog about.

Okay, so refresh my memory, have you been reading awhile? Do you remember how you found me? Have a great week! Kelly

Alyson's Wonderland said...

How sweet!

Melissa said...

13. What does your mom do for her job?
Apply people.


Apply, as a verb. You apply people. Like decals or something haha. Too cute.

15. What makes you proud of your mom?
That she cooks good food for us. That she works hard to take care of us.


Awww. What a sweet kid. And I wanted to see more of these ever since I saw another friend post 4 (out of 5!) kids' responses no her Facebook. What a great meme.

Bunny said...

I loved it when he said she doesn't starve me to death!!! LOL!! Out of the mouth of babes!!! Very very nice, thanks for sharing with us!