Friday, July 22, 2011

Bleh.

Hydrangea budding 2

Just so you know....it's hot here.

Like Matthew Broderick said in Biloxi Blues...."Man it's hot. It's Africa hot. Tarzan couldn't take this kind of hot".

I can't either. I hate it. Today the "feel's like" temp was 112. You hit the outdoors and the humidity smacks you in the face like a ton of bricks. I don't even want to think about turning my oven on. All I want to do is sit in front of the AC and eat popsicles for dinner.

I love the cool part of summer. The sunny days with a gentle breeze. The nights around the fire, the beach, the late evening weeding and waterings. This part of summer I can do without. I'm just bleh. I'm in a bleh kinda mood.

I've had a dry hacking cough for 5 days now. My voice is just about shot.

I started some new meds. That's never fun. The major side effect it frequent urination. Great. I just love peeing 15 times a day.

I have absolutely no ambition to do anything. Not to cook, not to bake, not to exert myself in any form or fashion whatsoever. I'm toast I tell ya.

I finally got in touch with the girl who designed my blog banner (which I love, but wanted to change out for the different seasons) and she told me she's too busy to work on my banner.

I've searched all over Etsy and the web for someone to design a new one for me and I can't seem to find anyone's work that really grabs me. It's really bumming me out.

If you know of anyone who does custom designed blog banners, please shoot me a comment or email.


I just thought I'd give a little update to tell you I'm just a big blob of bleh.

Think I'll go eat another popsicle.

Once the heatwave ends I'll be back with a great new recipe. Promise.

8 comments:

Elle said...

I hate the heat and humidity, too! Blech. Sorry you've been coughing your head off the past few days. I know it's probably not what you want to hear, but hot tea with honey does wonders for a cough.

As far as your banner, have you heard of 99 Designs? http://99designs.com/?gclid=CPyOn5nGlqoCFYio4AodMHjOwg

I know a few people who've used them and are thrilled with them!

Feel better!

Amy said...

Peeing 15x a day? Jesus...you might as well be 8 months pregnant for that kind of misery.

Matthew Broderick said in Biloxi Blues...great, great line.

Jenn said...

Try searching on Etsy for a new banner. I was able to find quite a few there.

The same person I used also produced a watermark for me.

The Cutting Edge of Ordinary said...

Jenn I haved searches Etsy. In fact that's where I found the person who did this banner. Nothing is striking my fancy. I really need to fins someone who's work I can connect with and so far everything I see on Etsy is too cutesy. I may end up using one of my photos is all else fails. Sigh.

Anonymous said...

Boy oh boy do I echo that "Bleh" It was feels like 102 day where I am (and has been for the last week and a half with no end in sight) and I disliked every second of it.

Foodiewife said...

My girlfriend, who also lives in Providence, says the same thing about the miserable heat as you do. I'm so sorry! I've been moaning about the overcast skies, but I should stop complaining since we are averaging 72 degree heat. The mercury is about to go up here, this week. Think of us, then as we don't have A/C since we average cool coastal climates.
I use "The Blog Fairy" and I love working with Emily. Only, she does book up. Her link is on my website, and she will give you an accurate time as to how booked up she is. Her prices are very reasonable, and she's a joy to work with.
Now, if I could just find someone to fix why my feedburner feed quit working! I've had no luck at all.

Robin@ Good for the Palate said...

Try Deviantart.com. It can be difficult to wade through the fluff, but there are some fantastic artists on there. You could also contact a local art college. MICA in baltimore always has artists looking for projects.

Laurie said...

Wow, a "feels like" of 112 in New England. I don't think it's been that hot even here in the south, though we've had days of real temps of 100. Definitely will make you bleh! I hope by now your cough is better, and cooler temps have graced you.