Wednesday, December 21, 2011

My Favorite Things

Christmas 20110 25


I have to tell you all something. I did something a few weekends ago. Something that was very hard for me to do. I purged a lot of my Christmas decorations.

I promised myself last year that I was going to simplify my holidays and I did, but I fell short last year when it came to the decoration department.

I had 6 big Rubbermaid bins filled with decorations. That’s not including the stuff that didn’t fit into the bins. Yikes! It was outta control.

About 8 years ago I did a radical purge. 8 years later things started to accumulate again. Hence this purge. I remember putting at least 3 bins full of stuff I wasn’t going to use back up in the attic last year. Why was I holding on to stuff I didn’t even display in my house?

I started asking myself….do I really need all this stuff? Can I just hold on to the pieces I love? The ones that make smile when I uncover them each December. The ones that mean so much to me?

It was hard, but I did it and I really feel alot better about it.

Some of my favorite tree ornaments.

Christmas 2011

Christmas 2011 1

Christmas 2011 2

Christmas 2011 3

Little bits from around the house.

Christmas 20110 4

Christmas 20110 23

Christmas 20110 21

Christmas 20110 19

Christmas 20110 18

Christmas 20110 16

Christmas 20110 12

Christmas 20110 11

Christmas 20110 10

The little stockings I made last year.

Christmas 20110 8

One of my favorite Santa's given to me by my Uncle Al and Aunt Claire. I think of them every time I see him.

Christmas 20110 7

Christmas 20110 5

I hope your home is filled with the things and more importantly, the people you love this holiday season.

2 comments:

Becki's Whole Life said...

Cute stuff! I love the gingerbread men and I really like that little bird with the winter hat on his head. I bought something similar for a present for my sister-in-law...I just thought it was too cute.

I probably need to do the same thing this year and purge what I am not going to use.

Have Myelin? said...

I love your beautiful things. They remind me of my things- all in storage. I haven't seen them in over a year.

Home is where the heart is but my heart is where my stuff is because my memories are there. Maybe it only makes sense to me.

You have awesome taste. Love the stockings you made.