Tuesday, August 13, 2019

I’m still here.


I


Yes I’m still here.

I know it’s been a little over 2 years. I know some of you might have thought oh I guess she’s done blogging, but I’m not!

Long story short….. A little over two years ago I started to get some pain in my lower back. It was really starting to get bad and I went to my primary care doctor and we did just about every test you could think of and the last test that I had was a CAT scan and that test showed that my cancer had returned. Just when my life was pretty much back to perfect, my treatment started all over again. This time it has spread to my skull, my ribs and my spine. I went through chemotherapy again, and massive doses of radiation.

I won’t go into all the details but I will tell you that I was extremely sick this time around. The cancer affected my eyesight, and I could only see double vision in my left eye for about eight months. I couldn’t watch TV, I couldn’t read, I couldn’t really function very well at all. I was vomiting profusely for months, which prompted a few visits to the hospital. It really was much worse this time than it was when I had the breast cancer in 2015.

Fast forward to this month, and although I have horrible back pain which limits my mobility and my ability to stand for very long, I’m managing it. I’m finally able to get back in the kitchen and pick up my beloved camera which sat on the shelf for way too long. I’ll have new recipes coming very soon. I’ve missed this little blogging community, although I have still have been posting on my Facebook page and sharing recipes from the past it’s time to get some new ones going. So that’s where I’ve been and I’m so excited to be back.

I’m stable. I’m staying positive. I’m taking my life back little by little, one step at a time. I’d love it if you continued to join me on this new journey.

22 comments:

queenie said...

So sorry to learn of your struggle and truly hope you continue to improve. I pop in now and then and will continue to do so. Glad you're back.

The Cutting Edge of Ordinary said...

Thanks Queenie. Good to be back.

Bev said...

So sorry to hear of your troubles but glad to see that you are back.

The Cutting Edge of Ordinary said...

Thank you Bev.💗

Mary Beth said...

So glad to see you are back, I hope things only continue to improve moving forward! <3

The Cutting Edge of Ordinary said...

Thanks so much Mary Beth!

PaintedThread said...

It's good to see you! I'm sorry you've been so sick. I hope you continue to do well.

Marysue said...

I’m so very sorry to learn of your current health difficulties; I have lifted you up in prayer. I love the positivity, and excitement you have, in being back...and I am so glad to see you back!

(((HUGS)))

~Abi

Dyonia said...

Lisa --

I enjoy your quiet corner of the internet -- I enjoy your writing, your photography and especially your recipes! My children are particularly fond of your Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars and my in-laws raved over your Creamy Baked Asparagus!

I'm glad you're back. I wish for you good health and happiness for many, many years to come. Prayers for you and your family.

Donna

The Cutting Edge of Ordinary said...

Thank you! So happy to be back. I appreciate every single one of you!

dogwoods said...

have missed you...so sad about what you have had to ho throuhg but admire your courage!

baandbb said...

You are an inspiration to us all....sending prayers and hugs. Thank you for sharing 💞

SandyA said...

Glad you are back and fighting! As a two time cancer survivor (BC in 2005 and Colorectal in 2016), I understand the battle and the after effects. My family spent 2 years in RI while my father attended the War College in Newport - many years ago. Of all the places we lived, RI was the family favorite. It's a wonderful place to live. My husband and I visited 5 years ago for my 40th high school reunion. I loved it all over again! I hope your return to the kitchen and all of the things you love bring you joy and peace. Looking forward to your posts as they inspire and motivate all of us to live and love every minute of every day. Many prayers and blessings!

Linda said...

I have missed you. I know all about your journey and I am so sorry to hear that you are going through this. I look forward to many more posts. It's good to have you back. I, as well as many others I am sure, will pray every day for your health. Keep truckin', girl!!!! You are such a positive influence in so many ways!

Charlotte Wilcox said...

I am so sorry to hear that you have been so sick. You have been strong and relentless in this journey, and I'm sure you will continue to be. I understand completely what you are going through. I lost my Mom, sister, brother and daughter to this ugly disease. Keep your chin up and stay positive. You can beat this. Will be good to hear from you again.

Rocquie said...

Hi Lisa, I am glad to see your post but sorry to hear about your setback. I am also a cancer survivor and thankful for the time we live in. So much research is happening and so many treatments are available. People with cancer are living!
I'm looking forward to one of your delicious recipes, but most of all to your beautiful photography. Love, Rocquie

Amy L said...

Your strength inspires me. I enjoy your recipes.

Melanie said...

HI!!! Welcome back! Missed you!

Melanie

Mari said...

So sorry to hear of your problems and struggles. May the Lord bless you and bring you to a full recovery. Welcome back!

yardsailor said...

Glad to see you back online, what a terrible time you have had, your strength is amazing. We are all here rooting you on and waiting for your next post. God be with you.

Anonymous said...

So so sorry to hear of your sickness & struggle. You are missed and it's good to have you back! Looking forward to your comeback posts!

The Cutting Edge of Ordinary said...

Thank you everyone! I’m sitting here in tears. So lucky to have you all. Much love xoxo