Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Summer is bustin' out all over.

Everything finally seems to blooming and growing and flourishing here in New England.

I took my camera out, walked around the yard and snapped a few photos.

Clematis.

Our yard 2009-1

There are hundred upon hundreds of blooms on this plant.

Every year it gets bigger and bigger. I love it.

This is my mandevilla. It's slowly climbing up this trellis.

Our yard 2009-3

Here's one perfect bloom from the mandevilla.

Our yard 2009-2

My little succulent garden.

Our yard 2009-4

I love buying nasturtiums before they bloom so it's always a surprise as to what color it's going to be.

This year it's red.

Our yard 2009 - 5

Lambs Ear.

Our yard 2009-6

If you've never felt a lambs ear (the plant not a real lambs ear) you just can't imagine how incredibly soft this plant is.

Even though I love the bursts of color in the yard, I love plants that stay green all season long too.

Our yard 2009-7

Ferns are some of my favorites.

Our yard 2009-8

Mosses too.

Our yard 2009-18

Oh and I can't forget the silver mound.

Our yard 2009-20

This is the view down my driveway.
I like things kinda free flowing and wild.

Our yard 2009-10

Coleus have always been a favorite of mine.
I love all the different colors that they come. in.

Our yard 2009-17

Here's a couple of mushrooms hiding out in the lavender.

Our yard 2009-11

This little white chair sits in one of my favorite corners of the yard, nestled among the tiger lilies.

Our yard 2009-12

Our yard 2009-13

We love decorating the yard for the 4th of July.
We have flags all over.

Our yard 2009-19

Our yard 2009-16

Little bursts of color creeping between some rocks.

Our yard 2009-15

There's a few stone critters hanging out too.

Our yard 2009-14

Here is my most favorite flower of all.

My hydragena that John bought for me 3 years ago on Mothers Day. The plant was in bad shape and I thought for sure that it wouldn't make it till the next year, but much to my surprise, it grew and flourished and is now a huge plant filled with dozens upon dozens of beautiful blue blooms.

I adore this plant.

Our yard 2009


I picked up another one this spring and it's getting ready to produce a bloom. Looks like it's going to be a pink one (yes I know it's the acidity of the soil that changes the color). I'll snap a pic of that when it's ready.

7 comments:

Valerie said...

I was checking out your recipes and popped over here, I really like your pictures too!

Juliana said...

I absolutely love all the pictures...I had a very soothing time looking at it. Thank you so much for sharing...lovely garden!

Vanessa said...

Hydrangea is my all tiem fave flower and that one is soooo beautiful!! I wish we could grow them here.. but its soo hot they never survive. You have an awesome garden!! ~Vanessa :)

Ellie Mae's Cottage said...

Hi Lisa! Thanks for stopping by my blog. It's great to hear from a fellow New Englander. I live in Lakeville on the southcoast of Massachusetts - not too far from you. Your blog and garden is gorgeous. I'm a new gardener and don't have much experience. My yard is a VERY slow progression but I learn more each year. Maybe one day my garden will look 1/4 as nice as yours. I'm definitely inspired. You take awesome pictures too (I'm just learning how to camera)! -Jackie

Ellie Mae's Cottage said...

PS - I've poking around your blog. You should write a cookbook! I've got to print out some of your recipes. Everything looks delicious. Hey we have a lot in common - I love Led Zeppelin too and we have the same type of curly hair. My hubby calls me poodle girl when I don't straighten it - yeah that's a great esteem booster too! LOL :) -Jackie

Crystal said...

Oh! Your hydrangea looks magical!

Susan Marie said...

I've been cruising food blogs looking for ideas, and came across your site. Just had to take a peek at your yard, and it was so refreshing! I live in the Texas Hill Country just northwest of Austin - we are in the severe drought stage, and have had almost 40 days of 100+ degree heat this summer! When I look out, everything is brown and burnt to a crisp, except for a few hardy native plants. Thanks for those few moments of escape - I enjoyed your blog, and will come back!!