Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Peace~

LaSalette 1

Wrapping up the last bit of cooking and baking and looking forward to spending time with my family and friends over the next few days.

I really enjoyed preparing for Christmas again this year. Since I vowed not to get "caught up in the hype" I've found myself with a real sense of calm and peace.

I made gifts from the heart, I baked and cooked with love and most importantly, I didn't let myself get stressed out. I've done lots of cooking and baking in preparation and didn't take a single picture of any of it, lol. Sometimes blogging what I make is just not on the top of my list.

I'm sure I'll be back after Christmas with some new recipes....I'm hosting New Years Eve after all.

Enjoy your celebrations. You can't do everything, so don't even try, lol. Keep this in mind - no one will remember if you over baked the cookies, if you sent a card this year, if your roast wasn't perfectly done or how many gifts you gave, but they will remember the time you spent together, and after all, that is what is most important isn't it?

Let go and really enjoy the holiday.


LaSalette 8

Wishing you and those you love a peaceful Christmas.

3 comments:

TKW said...

Happy Christmas to you, too.

Dana @ Cooking At Cafe D said...

Merry Christmas, Lisa.

Lee Hill Primitives said...

I hope that you had a Merry Christmas with yours. Hugs , Evelyn