Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Little Bites

Christmas Eve is little bites night for us. I have the whole family over and along with all the fish (Italians do the 7 fish thing), we have lots of appetizers.

I usually bake a ham too, but it's all the little goodies that everyone seems to really enjoy. A complex variety of little tastes. Pop one in your mouth and move on to another, and another.

I've compiled a "best of" list of my little bites to share. Just click on the link for the full post.

You'll notice the photos get progressively worse towards the end. Four words - crappy point & shoot camera. It's funny to look back now and see how horrible some of my photos were, but there they are.

If I had to pick a #1 appetizer it would be the Antipasto Squares. Requested for every single get-together and absolutely the 1st thing to disappear at every event. They even came as a finalist recipe when Cathy @ Noble Pig had her Super Bowl recipe contest. Make them.

I'm working on a recipe index. Crossing my fingers that when I have time off at the end of the year I'll be able to get to it.

I'd love it if you'd share your most requested appetizer recipe with me. I'm always looking for something different to add to the list.


Super Quick Mini Tarts
Starting off with one of the easiest appetizers. It literally takes minutes to whip these mini tarts up. Sweet or savory (or both) you decide.

Sweet Mini Tarts

Savory tarts carm. onion

Proscuttio Pinwheels
We've made these at almost every gathering since we discovered them. We I don't have proscuttio on hand, I use ham. They still taste great.

Proc Pinwheel CU1

Asian Pork Meatballs with Soy Garlic Dipping Sauce
What I love about these meatballs is, you can make a batch up, stash them in the freezer and just defrost them before it's party time.

Asian Meatballs

Maui Onion Dip
Never did I think a dip would make such an impression. This dip is always on Foodgawkers "most popular" list. Dip? Who would have thought? It is the best onion dip you'll ever dip a chip in. I swear.

Maui Dip

Pepperoni Pizza Dip
The taste of pepperoni pizza in a pie dish. The kids went crazy over this one. Aww who I'm kiddin' the adults did too.

Pepperoni Pizza Dip pan CU

Sausage Bites with Apricot-Mustard Dipping sauce
I think my husband ate 30 of these the first time I made them and he would have eaten 30 more if I let him.

Sausage_Bites_on_plate

Ham & Cheese in Puff Pastry
One of the quickest and easiest to make. You can substitute any meat that you'd like, but black forest ham works particularly well.

Ham_&_Cheese_Puff_Pastry

Deviled Egg Spread
The alternative to deviled eggs.

Deviled Egg Spread plate

Pizza Bites
Delicious. I found this recipe over at Chaos in the Kitchen awhile back. I 've been making them ever since. They look alot better once their cooked, lol.

Pizza_Bites_-_in_pan_with_seas

BBQ Cups
My family goes nuts over this appetizer. Hamburger, cheese and BBQ sauce in a little biscuit.

BBQ_Cups_CU

Oyster Snack Crackers
I should re-name these addictive oyster crackers. Make these the day before you want them so they can soak up all that great flavor.

Oyster Sncak

Antipasto Squares
The #1 most requested appetizer recipe that I make.

Antipasto squares

Crab Stuffed Mushrooms
I could eat about 100 of these. To bad I have to share.

Crab Mush

I hope one of these little bites lands on your holiday table.

8 comments:

Jessica said...

All of these look so good! My family tends to do a bunch of appetizers, too. I love it that way.

TKW said...

Everything sounds and looks so good! What a fun tradition!

Giovanna said...

All of these look so wonderful!
I've made the onion dip before , it's to die for
and I love the twist on the deviled eggs!
The antipasto squares are a must try
I started thinking about my dishes yesterday and how I need to decide what to make. I am thinking of trying all new fish dishes this year but am a little apprehensive! You know how relatives are when the family's favorite dish isn't on the table!
Ahh - I've had fish on the brain for two days now!

katie said...

So funny Lisa! I think I already have almost every single one of these recipes tagged from the original post. You sure do some delicious appetizers!

isabelle said...

I do not know if it is most requested, but by far the easiest. This is a recipe from when i lived in Texas - commonly made there; everyone there knows it or has a variation.
Pour 1 cup of your favorite salsa (I use Pace medium picante sauce) over a block of cream cheese. Serve with sturdy crackers - I use stone wheat thins. Yum! - and takes 1 minute to make.

RJW said...

May I just say I LOVE your compilation of recipes. I find myself trying your recipes more than anyone else's on the web. This week we tried the asian meatballs and the onion dip for a holiday gathering, and both went over fabulously. Thank you!

Ryan said...

As an ammendment to what Randi said, we really enjoyed using some of your recipes this weekend. We also made the Deviled Egg dip this weekend (Randi isn't a fan of Deviled Eggs so probably why she forgot to mention it.) Everything was very tasty.

Dana @ Cooking At Cafe D said...

Lisa, I love that you groped these into a page. Each of them looks amazing.