Friday, April 9, 2010

DVR addicted.

About a year ago we added a DVR to our cable.

Can I just confess something? I love my DVR. I can't barely remember when I watched TV live. I am so DVR addicted it's not even funny.

Don't ever ask me what day or time a show comes on cause I could never tell ya for sure. I just wait till it appears on the screen.

I tape a bunch of shows and then like a week later I finally get an hour or two to watch them and blissfully fast forward through all the crap I don't want to watch. It's liberating I tell ya.

A whole half hour to watch a show? NONSENSE! Press that little arrow and BAM, you are done in 22 minutes.

You can't get back those lost 8 minutes people.

I have a list of shows I tape, lots food and garden related but then I have my fluff shows. Shows that offer no intellectual stimulation what so ever. It's my brain candy and one of those shows is Ugly Betty. Normally a soap-opraish show is not my style, in fact, most of my friends were totally surprised when I told them I watched it, but I fell in love with pudgy Betty the first time her poncho wearing horned rimmed brace face appeared on the screen. I'm a sucker for the underdog. Betty reeled me in and I was hooked. Sadly, next week is the last episode so there will be a Betty void in my life.

Fear not, I do have a few other shows to fill the Betty void. I'm totally addicted to Dexter and Nurse Jackie, oh and then there's the British show Shameless. John and I can't get enough of that show.

We abandon our DVR for the summer. There's not too much TV watchin' that goes on here from May - Sept. We spend most summer nights outside by the fire. That little box is no substitute for hanging outside by a cracklin' embers.

I do have to tell you that Betty has left me with one little gift. I discovered a young (only 24 yrs old) and very talented singer named Schuyler Fisk. One of her songs was on the next to last episode and I frantically tried memorizing the lyrics while it was on so I could do a search and find out just who it was. Have you ever done that? I do it all the time.

So anyway, I LOVE this girl voice and her songs and I have been listening to her over and over again on YouTube. I still can't believe she's only 24 and then I find out her mom is Sissy Spacek. Wild huh? Next thing you know, I'm on Amazon using up that gift card I got.

Here are just a few of my favorites.

From Where I'm Standing





Hello





What a haunting beautiful song. Be My Only with Tim Myers. This is the song I heard on the show that made me go "ok I need to find out who that is" and I did.

I have no idea what's up with the chipmunk, lol.





Thanks Miss Suarez. I'll miss ya.
Post a Comment