Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Super Duper Double Chocolate Chip Cookies

Super Duper Double Chocolate Chip Cookies

Who doesn't like cookies?

I was thinking about that the other day.

Have you met anyone who doesn't? Does such a person exist?

There is such a variety and so many endless combinations of what you can do with a cookie that I can't imagine there is a single person on earth you wouldn't not like them right? Sure maybe there's some tribe in the middle of a jungle off the coast of East Japeepee somewhere that's never tried a cookie, but I bet if given the opportunity to eat one, they'd pick it over their bat wing sandwich any day of the week.

This is yet another recipe from Cristina Ferrares Big Bowl of Love. I told you I wanted to make every recipe in that book. In fact this week I'm making her Linguine and Clam Sauce. Oh yeah, I wasn't kidding when I said I'm cookin' this book baby.

These are big monster cookies. I'm talking just one'll do ya. You could push for two, but one was really plenty. I froze half the batch so I can just grab them outta the freezer and pop them in the oven next time we have the hankering for a gigantic cookie.

I did make some adjustments to this recipe. I didn't add in 4 cups of chocolate chips that the recipe called for. After I started adding ingredients in and saw how the batter looked with 3 cups of chips, I was worried it would be all filling and no batter, so I scaled down the chips to 3 cups and instead of raisins, I added in a bag of the new Hershey Droplets (heaven!!!) Think big M&M's with no shell.

This dough is soft and gushy. Don't skip putting them in the fridge to firm up.

Best way to eat them if you don't scarf them down immediately out of the oven.....zap them in the microwave for 10 seconds.

Super Duper Double Chocolate Chip Cookies CU


Super-Duper Double Chocolate Chip Cookies
From Cristina Ferrare’s Big Bowl of Love
2 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon salt
1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter at room temperature
¾ cup sugar
¾ cup brown sugar, firmly packed
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 eggs, at room temperature
4 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips (I only used 3 cups)
1 ½ cups chopped walnuts or pecans
1 cup raisins (I omitted these and added in 1 bag of Hershey Drops)

Preheat the oven to 325. Line a cookie sheet with parchment.

In a medium bowl mix the flour, baking soda and salt.

With an electric mixer, using the paddle attachment beat the butter and sugars for 2 minutes until fluffy.

Scrape down the sides of the bowl with a spatula, add the vanilla and beat for 1 minute. Scrap the sides of the bowl again. Beat in the eggs one at a time until well incorporated. Scrap down the sides of the bowl after each addition. Slowly add the flour mixture and beat until blended. Add the chocolate chips, nuts and raisins and mix well.

Using a small ice cream scoop, place golf ball sized pieces of cookie dough on the cookie sheet. Don’t worry if you crowd them at this point, they need to be chilled first before they are baked. Chill for 1 hour in the fridge.

When read to bake, line another cookie sheet with parchment paper. Place the chilled cookie dough balls at least 3 ½ inches apart on the pan and bake in batches. Bake for 30 minutes or until the cookies are golden brown on top. Keep your eye on them, check them after 15 minutes. Using a metal spatula, place the cookies on a rack to cool.

7 comments:

Alicia Gregoire said...

Great. Now I want cookies and those look fantastic!

Anonymous said...

Wow these look so good!
Karen

Amy said...

Even though I am a pie devotee, I have often threatened starting a blog solely about cookies. They could solve world peace, no? I'm certain of it. And anyone who doesn't like cookies, is in need of therapy. Stat.

Elle said...

Oh my gosh, I have to make these. And get that book! I have her first book, so why not a complete set? I don't know if I could freeze any of these. My willpower is not so strong. I've got to say, East Japeepee made me laugh out loud! ;)

vanillasugarblog said...

these are just like the levain clone cc cookies. i wonder where she got them from?

Katie said...

I need these like I need air.

Lisa said...

I love that deep caramel color of your cookies. They must have been delicious. I have a sweet treat linky party going on at my blog till Monday night and I'd love it if you'd come by and link your cookies up. http://sweet-as-sugar-cookies.blogspot.com/2011/06/sweets-for-saturday-20.html