Sunday, June 22, 2008

Brownie Bites


I stumbled upon a great blog called Whisk Blog yesterday. The first post I saw was for Brownie Pops...little brownie bites on a stick. They looked so cute. I decided to mix up a batch. There is a great recipe for frosting that goes along with this recipe, but frankly these brownies didn't need it. They were rich and chocolaty and everything a brownie should be. Next time I make these I will give the frosting a try, cause it really sounded delicious.

There wasn't any time to get a stick into these before everyone in my house gobbled these up, so I changed the name to Brownie Bites for this post.

Take a swing by Whisk Blog for some gorgeous photographs and the frosting recipe.


Brownie Bites
½ cup (1 stick) butter, melted
1 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 eggs
½ cup flour
1/3 cup cocoa
¼ teaspoon baking powder
¼ teaspoon salt
Nuts (optional)
Heat oven to 350˚F. Grease a mini muffin pan with cooking spray.In a medium bowl, stir together the butter, sugar, and vanilla. Add eggs, and beat well. Stir together flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt. Gradually add to egg mixture, beating until blended. Stir in nuts, if desired. Fill a piping bag (or freezer bag), and fill the mini muffin cups. Bake for 12-15 minutes.


*This batch made 35 brownies. I baked them for exactly 12 minutes and they came out perfect. I used a teaspoon to fill my mini muffin pan just about half way.

3 comments:

Shari said...

I'm glad you enjoyed them as much as we do!! Thanks for the link love!
Shari@Whisk: a food blog

Anonymous said...

You just gave me a great idea for my friend's summer kick-off party this Saturday! Thanks! =)

-bernabee from GEFP

Shauna said...

these look SO good! Maybe that'll be a goodie to bake over the weekend.

I mailed your cards to you yesterday that you won in my giveaway and also posted a picture of them on my lemon drop studio blog if you want to take a sneak peek - but they are always more fun in person!

Thanks again!!