Saturday, May 9, 2009

Heavenly Days

Put a big dent in veggie and flower shopping yesterday.

I love walking up and down the aisles in the nurseries picking out what plants we'll watch grow, happily harvest and then ultimately consume with great joy. In addition to the plants I already have today I picked up:

dill
parsley
rosemary
thyme
oregano
spinach
Genovese basil
red ruby basil
green beans
eggplant
zucchini
2 kinds of onions
5 kinds lettuce and radicchio
Chinese cabbage
ghostbusters eggplant (small white eggplant)
little fingers eggplant (mini eggplant)
and a bunch of flowers

Basil

White 2

yellow

White

columbine

Germs

Tonight I'm going to kick back, spread out all my garden plans and notes on the table and listen to the soothing voice of Patty Griffin. I heard her on a really beautiful blog I love to visit called
Vermont Harvest . Check it out and see what beautiful primitives Doreen makes.

Lastly, to all the fabulous Mom's I've met out in blogdom who give consistently and are a constant inspiration to me and to their families, I just want to say kudos to you all for "keeping it all together" on a daily basis. Sometimes it's not so easy, but we all seem to get through it.

I hope that tomorrow you enjoy a day of doing exactly what you want to do. For me that will be feeding the people I love, doing a little gardening and just enjoying the grass between my toes again.

Enjoy your Mother's Day.

Toes in the grass



7 comments:

Bunny said...

Happy Mother's day Lisa!! I love the picture of your toes in the grass!!!!

noble pig said...

Happy Mother's Day to you, I'm so jealous of all your gardening fare!

Anonymous said...

I live in rhode island too what nursery do you go to to get those interestng plants

The Cutting Edge of Ordinary said...

Hey Anon....where in RI are you? I go to several differnt nurseries...my fave is The Good Earth on Scituate Ave. I also go to Russos in Cranston and Confreda Farms on Seven Mile Rd in Cranston. Then I stop by my little local nurseries to get "fill-in" plants. Budzies and Hattoys in Coventry.

Melissa said...

Happy Mother's Day Lisa, with much love.

Bren said...

oh my gosh! that basil looks amazing--how i'd love to have some! happy mother's day to you!

Anonymous said...

Lisa I live in cranston. I went to the Good Earth and then came home and read your response. Funny!! I did not put the tomatoes in the ground yet. They had some beautiful heirloom veggies!! Thanks for the tips I love your blog!!