Friday, May 29, 2009

Snickerdoodle Muffins

SD Muffin CU

I’ve had a really busy few weeks. We have been working out in the yard so much, that I am really starting to miss my kitchen. With all the activity going on outside, I don’t see much of inside during the first few months of spring. We’ve been cooking on the grill just about every night. My stove never got such a rest.

The gardens are planted, the decks are stained, the patio sets are up, the flowers are planted, and we are nearing the “finishing touches” stage. All of our hard work will be rewarded with long nights by the fire, lazy afternoons in the gazebo with a big glass of iced tea and a good book (I’m currently half way thru David Lebovitz’s The Sweet Life in Paris. Great read filled with great recipes) and lots of dining out (I love my gazebo, but I hate you mosquitoes).

I know I haven’t posted many recipes lately, but I’ve got a few new ones up my sleeve for this weekend, so stay tuned for more. For now these Snickerdoodle muffins will have to hold you over.

SD Muffins batter

I’ll admit I pulled this post out of the archives, but that doesn’t make it any less delicious.

A few months back I went searching for a quick and easy muffin to make for the kids for breakfast. I had the usual weekend boarder (what’s a weekend without an extra kid? I have no idea) I came across these on What Geeks Eat. What kid doesn’t like Snickerdoodle flavored anything? Evan’s friend Brandon, whose list of “likes” is literally 10 foods long, loved them. Now that’s saying something.

These were the perfectly easy to make and perfectly deliciously to eat.
You can find the recipe here.

SD Muffin knife

2 comments:

Bunny said...

This looks fantastic!! I can just imagine how good this tastes, oh look at that cinnamon!

Lyd Stew said...

I love snicker doodles! I love muffins! I'm so excited to try this!