Friday, June 5, 2009

Asian Noodle Salad

Asian Noodle Salad CU1

Sometimes I crave veggies and noodles, almost as much as I crave chocolate….almost but not quite. About midweek and had a hankering for some noodle salad, so I used the food blog search and typed in Asian Noodle Salad. After looking through about 100 posts, I narrowed it down to a few and then ultimately chose this one from Nourshing Gourmet. I like that it was quick and included a recipe for a very tasty sauce. It's also a great way to use up any leftover veggies you have hanging out in the fridge.

This recipe came together in about 10 minutes.

Asian Noodle Salad
Printable recipe

1 – 8 ounce package of thin noodles. I like buckwheat Udon noodles, but use what you love, but make sure you use a long, thin noodle. Cook according to the package directions.

3 – 4 cups of thinly shredded veggies such as carrots, zucchini, cabbage, steamed sugar snap peas, asparagus, etc. I really save time by using a bag of broccoli slaw. It has thinly sliced broccoli, red cabbage and carrots all pre-sliced and ready for eating. I had bought some baby bok choy at the Asian market, so I used that up too. Looked in the crisper drawers and discovered a zucchini, so in that went to. Really just about any veggies you have will work great with this.

Asian Noodle Salad CU

Many thanks to my chopstick assistant Mitchell.

1/3 cup peanut butter
¼ cup soy sauce
¼ cup rice wine vinegar
¼ cup oil
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
½ teaspoon crushed red pepper
Sesame seeds for garnish

Mix all the sauce ingredients in a bowl and set aside.

While the pasta is cooking steam or stir-fry any veggies that you need to be cooked a bit. When the noodles are done, rinse them in cold water and drain. In a bowl combine the noodles, sauce and veggies. Mix to combine. This can be served cold or room temp. I like mine either way.

Asian Noodle Salad with Udon

Post a Comment