Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Summer goals.

first tomatoes


· Learn to make a great cocktail.

· Perfect my new project - leaf castings.

· Learn how to make hypertufas.
(look it up)

· Go blueberry picking.

· Go strawberry picking.

· Eat lots of the berries that I picked.

· Cook with the berries I picked.

· Take my kids to Bodies Revealed.

· Go to the beach more.

· Have at least 5 picnics.

· Visit the Butterfly exhibit at the zoo.

· Catch up on my reading.

first growth spurt for the Fig

· Take better photos.

· Paint my toes a funky colors instead of my usual red.

· Create some new salads with all the greens I planted.

· Makes some new dressing to go with the new salads.

· Work on my making Christmas presents – yes I know I’m sick.

· Find a big Buddha statue for the garden.
No I’m not Buddhist, I just want a little fat man in the back yard.

first lettuce crop

· Worry less.

· Want Less.

· Give More.

I think I can do it.

4 comments:

Lisa's (wonderful) Husband said...

The fat man in the back yard will me me soon.

Melissa said...

I was gonna make a joke, but your hub beat me to the punch. And very well, I may add.

You can totally do it! Those are wonderful summer goals. Would love to hear how much you enjoy the Bodies Revealed thing. I heard those exhibits are amazing.

Marc @ NoRecipes said...

Sounds like some great goals and those photos of the produce look great!

June said...

Wow, what is that beautiful red-veined lettuce? It is gorgeous, especially growing in that mix. You have an artist's eye, and I love seeing the world the way you see it.