Friday, October 22, 2010

Maple Roasted Butternut Squash

Maple Roasted Butternut 3

I love squash!

Give me acorn, summer, spaghetti squash, pumpkin (it's a squash), zucchini, or just about any other squash you can throw at me. I love it.

One of my favorites is the butternut.

Since I'm the only squash lover in the house, when I make it, I get to eat it all by myself!

When I get the hankering, I'll roast up a small squash just for me.

This is my favorite ways to eat it. Roasted in the oven and drizzled with maple syrup.

Maple Roasted Butternut


The maple syrup helps the squash to caramelize in the oven.

It's like candy I tell ya.

I ate the whole bowl and it was beyond delicious.

Maple Roasted Butternut Squash.
1 small to medium butternut squash
olive oil
salt & pepper
maple syrup

Cut the squash in half and scoop out all the seeds and guts. Now grab your vegetable peeler and peel away all the outer skin. Cut into cubes. Place squash on a baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil and toss. Not a lot, just enough to coat it lightly. Now add the salt and pepper and then drizzle with maple syrup. Toss again. Just use your hands.

Bake at 400 for 25 - 35 minutes, or until the squash is tender and lightly browned.

Try not to burn your tongue like I did when you hastily reach for one of these scrumptious babies.


Maple Roasted Butternut 1

6 comments:

Deb said...

Yum!!! That looks so delicious. Thanks for sharing. I'll be making that as soon as I get home from the day j.o.b. :)

Amy said...

Lisa, me too! And I stand alone in the squash loving. I keep trying...I even made a roasted chicken butternut soup last week in the hopes that *this* time I will convert them. Nope. They all hated it. Sigh.

I usually coat mine with brown sugar before I bake it, but hello maple syrup!

Unknown said...

I am drawn to that bowl! it is so pretty, I will have to try this recipe too.

LimeCake said...

The shade of butternut squash is so beautiful! This looks delicious!

Lisa said...

I love squash too! That caramelization on yours is just gorgeous. This sounds like a delicious way to enjoy it.

Lisa said...

I love squash too! That caramelization on yours is just gorgeous. This sounds like a delicious way to enjoy it.