Monday, October 4, 2010

A song that followed me




Did you ever have a song follow you?

One that seems to creep up over and over again?

The first time I heard this song I was watching Definitely Maybe. Total chick flick.

I thought it was a catchy little tune and really didn't think much more about it.

A few months later I'm watching Love Happens, another chick flick which made me ball my eyes out, and I hear it again.

I said to myself "hmmm, I remember that song". I like it. I'll have to watch the credits at the end of the movie and find out who sings it.

Of course that never happened.

Fast forward to last week and Everybody's Fine comes in the mail (I cried watching this one too. What can I say, I'm a crier. Got it from my mother).

I hear the song again! Come on? Is this song taunting me?

This time I am determined to watch the credits and find out who is it.

So I do, I watch until the end and guess what?? They don't list it. Crap.

So I go back and I look up the soundtracks to all three movies and BAM. I find it.

Boys Drawn Badly - Time of Times.

I like you song that followed me.

I like you a lot.


3 comments:

Melissa said...

I love this. :)

Amy said...

I've never had a song follow me like your experience, but I absolutely remember the last time a song stuck such an instant cord that I needed to have it immediately.

I heard Sade "By Your Side" for the first time in a Sex and the City episode. It took me days to figure out the artist and title, but mission accomplished. It remains one of my favs.

Megg said...

I first heard of Badly Drawn Boy when he did the soundtrack for the movie "About a Boy." I have his first album (somewhere) and I used to listen to it all the time.. I forgot about it till I read this post. Thanks! ^_^