Friday, October 15, 2010

Peanut Butter Cheesecake Brownie Bites

Peanut Butter Brownie Bites 2

We were on vacation this week. We always take vacation at this time of year, because October is our favorite month (and the month in which we celebrate our anniversary), and because it's just so beautiful here in New England.

The foliage is peaking, the air is crisp and it's the perfect time for me to get in the kitchen and get baking.

I'm always looking for baked goods that the boys can easily pack in their lunches. They don't get them all the time, but once in a while I like to surprise them by sneaking in a little home made goodie.

These little Peanut Butter Cheesecake Brownie Bites were perfect.

A chocolate brownie nestled around a creamy peanut butter center.

Peanut Butter Brownie Bites 1

Yes I'm using a boxed brownie mix and it doesn't bother me...in....the....least.

This time of year is also super busy for us. We're making homemade Christmas presents, I'm cooking and baking for my youngster's birthday, which we are celebrating tomorrow, and we are are in the process of remodeling the bathroom. Phew.

Luckily these were a snap to throw together.

Peanut Butter Cheesecake Brownie Bites
recipe from kraftfoods.com
1 pkg (19 to 21oz) brownie mix
1 pkg (8oz) cream cheese, softened
1/3 cup sugar
1 egg
1/4 cup peanut butter
1/2 teaspoon vanilla

Oven to 350. Prepare the brownie mix batter as directed on the package. Spoon into 20 paper-lined muffin cups. I used my small cookie scoop and it was the perfect amount.

Beat the cream cheese, sugar, egg, peanut butter and vanilla in the mixer until blended. Spoon 1 rounded tablespoon into the center of the batter, pressing it lightly into the batter. Bake 30 minutes or until the centers test done.

Peanut Butter Brownie Bites

9 comments:

Jessica @ How Sweet said...

Wow... absolutely drooling over here. These look incredible. And since they are "bites," I can eat more, right?

Rebecca Jane said...

I've always adored the fusion of chocolate with peanut butter AND ANY SORT OF CHEEEEEESE! Sorry. I got excited. Yumminess abounds!

Darcy said...

Oh Lisa....I'm in heaven. More than cinnamon apple, peanut butter and chocolate are my favorite flavor blends...well, not more than cinnamon apple..equal to, but still my favorite..these look divine :)

Amy said...

Happy Anniversary back atcha! October is a fine month to exchange vows. And eat baked goods. And hey, there ain't nothing wrong with brownie mix from a box, I say.

We don't ever have peanut butter in the house anymore because of Haley's peanut allergy, so I will just enjoyed these through the computer screen. And cry a little.

Unknown said...

Gorgeous pics, lovely treat

Mollie said...

Wow those look BEYOND!!!! I put you in my Things I Want list on my blog!
http://eatrunread.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Greetings,

I have a inquiry for the webmaster/admin here at thecuttingedgeofordinary.blogspot.com.

Can I use part of the information from your blog post right above if I give a backlink back to this site?

Thanks,
John

Lisa@The Cutting Edge of Ordinary said...

John,

Could you please email me and let me know where this information would be posted? There is a "contact me" button on the right side of the blog.

THanks!

Becca said...

these look delicious! And I am so happy I can use a box to make these b/c I suck at baking! Can't wait to try these :)