Friday, August 19, 2016

Roasted Eggplant

Roasted eggplant 2

Sometimes you just crave a certain food you grew up with. I love eggplant. It was always something we had in the house growing up. As I got older I realized that some of the foods that I grew up eating were seldom on the tables of many of my friends. They loved to come to my house cause my Mom and Gram were always cooking and they got to eat! I now realize how lucky I was to be exposed to all the foods my Mom, Gram and Nonna cooked.

This recipe is one my Mom makes all the time for my Dad. It's simple and rustic like most of the best recipes are. You can have this in the oven in under 5 minutes.

I had a craving for it so I cooked myself up a batch. Let it get mooshy and squishy in the oven so it almost falls apart when you pick it up. Pair this with a nice crusty bread = heaven.

Roasted eggplant 1

Roasted Eggplant
recipe from Lisa@The Cutting Edge of Ordinary
PRINTBALE RECIPE
Eggplant
olive oil
Italian seasoning
salt & pepper
Parmesan cheese

No measurements! Rustic and simple. Slice the eggplant lengthwise into 1/4 inch to 1/2 inch slices. The thicker you cut it, the longer it will cook. Don't make it too thin or it will fall apart in the oven. You can peel the eggplant, or leave the skin on. Your call.

Line a baking sheet with parchment. Brush both sides of the eggplant with olive oil, sprinkle one side with Italian seasoning and salt and pepper. Roast at 400 for 20 - 30 minutes or until the eggplant is tender. Sprinkle with parmesan and serve with crusty bread to sop up all the goodness!

No comments: