Friday, May 21, 2010

No-Bones Chicken Wing Dip

Bufflao Chix Dip hand

All the guys in my house love Buffalo Chicken Wings.

Me - no thank you. I'm so not into anything hot or spicy.

My guys are totally into hot and spicy.

Evan found this recipe while he was sitting next to me on the couch. He was supposed to be reading for homework, but his eyes kept wandering to my magazine. Anything is more interesting than doing your reading homework.

He saw the title and said "Mom, you so have to make that".

And so I did.

Now normally I will give some tasting notes, tell you what I thought, what I'd change, etc. This time you have to rely on the feedback from John and the boys.

I gave them a mini interrogation:

So do you like it?
Evan: "No I hate it, that's why I keep eating more" (Ahhh teenagers, gotta love 'em)
John: "It's really good"
Jesse: "Yeah, I like it" (again teenager, I'm surprised I got that outta him)

Do you think I should make it again?
Evan: "Yeah, like a hundred times"
John: "Yup"
Jesse:" "I guess"

Yeah I could barely keep up with enthusiasm.

Do you think I should change the recipe at all?
Evan: "I dunno"
John: "Next time make it a little stronger". (He likes his buffalo wings HOT, so if you're like him, I'd add a bit more wing sauce. He actually put some in a separate bowl and added more)
Jesse: "I dunno"

Okay then. Really they could barely contain their excitement.

Evan asked: "Why are you asking us so many questions?".

Me: "So I can let people who read the blog know how the recipe was and since I don't like the taste of buffalo wings, I asked you guys".

Evan: "We'll I'm glad you taste all the other stuff you make, cause answering all those questions when you're trying to eat is exhausting".

Exhausting? Really? I'm surprised he had enough energy to wolf down his multiple helpings.

Buffalo Chix Dip

This recipe makes a lot. A whole lot. I took this to work 2 days in a row and it was happily and quickly eaten by my co-workers who praised it many times over. It was a huge hit.
This is perfect dip for parties when you need to feed a crowd, or a few hungry teenagers!

No-Bones Chicken Wing Dip
1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
1 1/2 cups sour cream
1 cup blue cheese salad dressing
1/2 - 3/4 cup buffalo wing sauce (or more if you like it hotter)*
2 ½ cups cooked chicken, cut into a small dice
8 ounces provolone cheese, shredded

Oven to 350.

In a large mixing bowl beat the cream cheese, sour cream, salad dressing and wing sauce until blended. Stir in the chicken and provolone cheese.

Transfer to a greased 2 qt baking dish. Cover with foil and bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until hot and bubbly. I took the foil off the last 10 minutes. Serve warm.

Serve with celery ribs, crackers, tortilla chips etc.

5 comments:

Alicia Gregoire said...

Oh Lee, Hubby will LOVE this.

Rocquie said...

My husband loves every ingredient in this recipe--a lot. And he loves dips, so I am sure to be a super star when I make this for him. Beautiful photos!

test it comm said...

This sounds so addictivly good!

grace said...

see, now i LOVE the spiciness of buffalo wings and all that, but i really detest gnawing the meat off the bones--it seems so barbaric! this is the perfect solution--it looks phenomenal and it's obvious why your guys loved it!

Dana @ Cooking At Cafe D said...

Hilarious! Gotta love teenagers.

This looks like a fantastic idea for our end of year team party. Score!

Thanks for linking up to our Flipping the Bird - Chicken Party :)