Sunday, August 2, 2009

Super Quick Mini Tarts

Sweet Mini Tarts

It can’t get much easier than these.
Need an appetizer that won’t take you hours to make?
Want something even the kids could help you with?
Need it to come out of the oven in like, oh say, 10 minutes?
When I say super quick, I mean it.
Look no more.

Savory Tarts plate 1

These easy mini tarts can be made two ways…sweet or savory.
Make them with cream cheese and then top them with your favorite jam or preserves.
Not feeling super sweet, how about some savory tarts…goat cheese and caramelized onions? Ricotta and spinach?
Blue cheese and pear?
The possibilities are endless and with these little pre-made shells, they area breeze to make.

Sweet Tart

Super Quick Mini Tarts
Printable recipe
3 oz cream cheese or mild goat cheese
5 tablespoons of your favorite jam (for savory tarts think caramelized onions, or a savory jam)
30 Mini Fillo Shells
(Look for them in the freezer section.
I bought the Athens brand, they come 15 to a box @ $1.74 each here)

Preheat the oven to 350.
Fill each shell with ½ teaspoon of cream cheese or goat cheese.
Top with a ½ teaspoon of jam or other topping of your choice. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes, or until hot. Serve warm or room temperature.

I made 15 strawberry and blueberry sweet tarts and 15 carmalized onion and goat cheese savory tarts. I loved them all. I am a complete onion freak so I think I ate more of the onion ones, but they all were wonderful.

Savory tarts carm. onion

10 comments:

noble pig said...

Oh yes...been there, done that!

Parita said...

Oh these look amazing, loved the caramelized onion ones!

Queen B. said...

oh my gosh, those look amazing !!!!

pigpigscorner said...

So simple and they look gorgeous! Perfect finger food for parties!

Anonymous said...

My fave is cream cheese and Cross and Blackwell Cranberry Chutney. Perfect for pop-ins.

Hillary said...

What a great idea! I need to find me some of those shells. To make mini tarts from scratch, try this Mini Onion Tart recipe.

Gwendolyn said...

Yum. I'm going to make them for my daughter's going away open house.
Thanks!

Jeff said...

Nice I will have to experiment with something like this next time I need a quick appetizer. Got my mine spinning on how I could incorporate meat into them :-)

Anonymous said...

im from hawaii but i know they sell them on the mainland in grocery stores and online

Nikki! said...

Love it! I'm going to try "pizza" ones with the kids at work by putting a meatball, sauce and a bit of cheese on top!