Sunday, September 21, 2008

Easy Apple Cake


I design the quarterly newsletter that we have at work. Four times I year we ask employees if they have a recipe they would like to share. 9 times outta 10 one of my recipes goes into the newsletter. Imagine my surprise when this month one of the ladies in the legal departmart sent me a recipe! Easy Apple Cake - sounded good, and easy. I decided to make it this weekend in case I had to tweak it or adjust baking times......and to be honest, I wanted to make sure it was good before I published it for others to try.

It was good and easy too. No mixer to clean, just a few bowls and a whisk. I baked mine in a deep dish pie pan, but you could use an 8x8 pan and that would work just fine. The boys ate half the cake for breakfast this morning while it was still warm.




Easy Apple Cake
Printable recipe
2 eggs
3/4 cup sugar
½ cup vegetable oil
1 cup all purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
½ teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoons vanilla
3 apples, peeled, cored & sliced ¼ of an inch thick (about 2 cups)

Preheat the oven to 350. In a large bowl, beat eggs with a whisk. Add the sugar and mix well again. Add oil, flour, baking powder, cinnamon & vanilla and mix thoroughly.

Gently fold into the batter. To put my own little twist on this recipe, I tossed the apple slices with cinnamon & sugar before I folded them into the batter. Pour into greased and floured 8" or 9" square pan, or a deep dish pie plate. Bake for 40 minutes or until cake is golden brown and toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Lisa, Just wanted you to know I got to try your delicious molasses cookies AND your apple cake,thanks to your wonderful Mom, (I just adore her)and both were fantastic. You are a very special special lady and I love your blog!!! Keep it up...Colleen