Friday, September 12, 2008

Triple Chocolate Chip Cookies

We've had the last few days off as sort of a mini vacation this week. I suffer throughout most of the summer without taking too much time of so I can save most of my vacation for my favorite time of year, Fall. The air is turning quite chilly here, the A/C's are ready to come out for the season, and it's time to break out the blankets from the cedar chest. I love it!

John and I did a little shopping this morning, then I made a batch of cookies. Yup you read that right. Triple Chocolate Chip baby! Three times the deliciousness. Cocoa, bittersweet, and semi-sweet chocolate. Be still my chocolate covered heart! Since they didn't require my stand mixer they were a cinch to whip up.



We threw a few mixed tapes into the stereo and ate cookies for lunch while we broke out the Fall decorations. John sang "Baby You Got What I Need" by Biz Markie to me, very off key I might add. That definitely was not one of the tapes I made. That was all his doing. Luckily the next few songs were old Black Sabbath tunes so he redeemed himself. We had such good time.

Triple Chocolate Chip Cookies
Printable recipe
1 cup butter, softened
scant 3/4 cup sugar
1 egg yolk, lightly beaten
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 1/4 cups all purpose flour
1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
8 oz bittersweet chocolate (I used bittersweet chips)
1/4 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
pinch salt

Preheat the oven to 375. Line 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper.

Put the butter and sugar into a bowl and mix them up well with a wooden spoon. Beat in the egg yolk and vanilla. Sift together the flour, cocoa, and salt. Add to mixture. Add chocolate. At this point the batter became quite thick so I just used my hands to mix everything.

I used a cookie scoop and then flattened them a bit with my fingers. Bake 12 - 15 minutes. Let cool on the cookie sheet for 5 - 10 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool.

3 comments:

Lisa magicsprinkles said...

These look absolutely decadent. I'm always searching for a different CCC recipe - this one looks like one I need to try!

Dana said...

I am printing this recipe now!

Brilynn said...

Those look great! I could definitely use a hit of chocolate right now!