Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Chocolate Celebrations


Oh and celebrate we will.
What better time to make a dessert called Chocolate Celebration?
Now I say!

Most of you know how much I love chocolate. Whenever I see a recipe cross my path that contains lots of chocolate, it's all I can do not to run to the kitchen and start cooking immediately. Of course I do exhibit some small forms of restraint from time to time and I hesitantly put the chocolaty recipe in a basket above my computer desk for those days when I'm having massive chocolate cravings. It's my secret stash of emergency chocolate recipes so to speak.

This was one recipe I had to make. I received an email update from Megan's Cookin with this recipe attached. It spoke to me.

"Make me Lisa, make me, even though you have 4 other desserts to make for tomorrow, come on you know you want to"

And I did want to, so I did.

Chocolate Celebrations - from Marcel DeSaulniers
Printable recipes
18 ounces semi-sweet chocolate, coarsely chopped
8 tablespoons (1 stick), unsalted butter
1 cup all purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup sugar
4 large eggs
1 tablespoon vanilla
1 cup pecans, chopped (optional)
4 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped

Pre-heat the oven to 350. Melt the 18 ounces of chocolate and the butter in a double boiler and stir until smooth.

In a sifter combine the flour, baking powder and salt. Sift onto a large piece of parchment or wax paper.

Place the sugar and eggs in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment. Beat on medium speed for 2 minutes until light in color and slightly thick. Stop and scrap down the side and then add the melted chocolate and mix on low to combine. Gradually add the dry ingredients and mix about 10 seconds. Scrape down the bowl again and add the vanilla and mix for 5 seconds. Remove the bowl and fold in the chocolate chunks and pecans (if you are using them).

Place 2 slightly heaping tablespoons into each cup (I filled mine about 2/3 full). I used paper cupcake liners and filled 20 of them.

Place in the center of the oven and bake about 18 minutes, rotating and turning half way through. A toothpick should come out somewhat clean, but still slightly gooey. Leave in pan 30 minutes. Keep tightly sealed in a container for 4 - 5 days, or refrigerate for 10 days. Bring to room temp before eating.

I can't even tell you how these taste personally. After a day of baking the last thing I want to do right now is eat something rich and chocolaty. Wait did I just say that?? I must be ill. But fear not, Evan who is as much of a chocoholic as I am tasted one for me. When asked to describe....His answer:

"Kinda like a brownie, but like a cake, and a little like a thick cupcake. It's really good. Can I have another one?".

Thank you Evan and no, you'll spoil your dinner.


Doesn't that look dreamy??

6 comments:

Peabody said...

Looks yummy, I love everything Marcel makes.

Bunny said...

This is a little bundle of chocolate heaven! I can absolutely see how it could call your name.

Anonymous said...

I'm in choc heaven and I don't want to come back to life.

Megan said...

This is what dreams are made of! I hope enjoy them as much as my family did!
Happy Thanksgiving!

jesse said...

That does look dreamy indeed! Yummm!

Sandy said...

Oh yummy, I have a recipe similar with no flour! I could eat one right now ...