Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Things that make me happy #20

Bath & Body Works Rice Flower & Shea Body Splash.

Yesterday I was talking to one of the employees at work and I called him over to look at the computer screen. As he was walking away he thanked me and just as he was about to walk out the door he turned and said, “Can I ask you a personal question?” “Ummm I guess" I said. “What kind of perfume do you wear?” “You always smell so nice, I’d like to get some for my wife”. Awwwww. I was just tickled.

I am not a perfumy kind of girl. I don’t like heavy scents, or florals, or anything that smells too sweet. I go for the woodsy, patchouli kind of scents, in fact patchouli oil was my “signature” scent for years until I found Bath & Body Works Rice Flower and Shea. I didn’t even know a rice flower had a smell, but apparently it does and I love it. With a little research I learned that Natural Shea is extracted from the pit of a fruit that grows only on the Magnifolia tree in Central and Western Africa. I love it as well.

I douse my self in it from head to toe each morning before I leave for work. It’s nice and light and not one of those scents that makes you smell like a “whore on a holiday”(not my quote, but something my grandfather used to say whenever he encountered a woman with too much makeup or perfume on).

I stocked piled up on it last July because Bath & Body Works offers this particular scent only two times a year, January & July, and I have no clue why. With one more bottle in my bathroom, one in my desk, and one in my purse, I’ll be ok until January….I hope!

5 comments:

Bunny said...

I don't like scents that are heavy either, as a matter of fact i wear cologne that i can't smell,which suits me just fine. But everybody else can. I'm so glad I could get on here today I've tried quite a few times in the last couple of days and couldn't.

Anonymous said...

What a nice compliment! And it is so pretty. I am a sucker for pretty body stuff.

Anonymous said...

Hello,

I just wanted to write to tell you how much I enjoy your blog! I found it one day while looking up cake decorating ideas and it has been a favorite ever since :) I'm not a great cook, nor a great baker and I'm just starting out on my cake decorating journey (apparently a hidden talent I never knew I had!) and I really enjoy your recipes and no-nonsense approach to cooking. I have jotted down a few of your recipes that I just know my family will love and I look forward to reading your blog every few days to see what's new. I actually had withdrawls over the weekend when I couldn't view your log and thought it was a problem on my end. SO glad your back up and blogging...keep up the great work!

The Cutting Edge of Ordinary said...

Awww Petra thanks you, I am flattered. Yup I was down for the weekend, but I'm back up and running.

Anonymous said...

Oh I will be so be looking for this in January and I had no idea about where it came from, how cool.