Saturday, November 29, 2008

Farmhouse White Sandwich Bread


Well Thanksgiving is over and my fridge is full of leftovers. I think the day after Thanksgiving is almost a nice as Thanksgiving Day itself for me. For most of the day we just lazed about the house, watched movies and ate leftovers. Can you say pie for breakfast? It's true, I admit it. On turkey day I only had one small piece of chocolate cream pie so breakfast yesterday morning was a slice of pumpkin, sans the whipped cream, it is breakfast after all. Hey it's only once a year.

The only place we went to was a crafts fair at the local community college. There were so many beautiful items to purchase. I met a lady that I used to work with who had a huge booth filled with all sorts of goodies. I even bought my father-in-law a gift. It was nice to see so many talented people and all the beautiful things they make.

Before I left for the craft fair I starting making 3 loaves of farmhouse white bread so we would have delicious bread for turkey sandwiches!

I relied on Susan from Farmgirl Fair again for this Farmhouse White Bread. Get the recipe here. It makes 3 loaves....some for now, some for later, and one for the freezer.

Later last night John hauled it up to the attic to get out all the Christmas decorations...all 5 Rubbermaid bins full of them. I decorated the inside of the house and today John decorates the outside.

I'm thinking turkey sandwiches for breakfast!!! Naw I'm just teasing.....pie for breakfast, sandwiches for lunch - again!

7 comments:

Megan said...

I think a craft fair is much more fun then the mall, or Walmart. Your day after sounds perfect to me.

Debbie said...

You had my perfect "after Thanksgiving Day"

Lisa said...

That bread looks so yummy! :)

Lisa magicsprinkles said...

Pie for breakfast? Scandalous! (not)

Anonymous said...

I had stuffing for breakfast...yum! The bread looks so good, I can only imagine the turkey on that!

Bunny said...

I loce the look of this bread, fantastic! I love making bread!!

Dana @ Cooking At Cafe D said...

Lisa - yer killing me.
Do you know how many of the bloggers you rely on have made their way into my "must read" list? LOL.

Your bread looks wonderful!
And, I'll be trying that recipe very, very soon.

(And, I'm truly grateful for all my new found blogs I find on your site.)
D