Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Pan Fried Brussel Sprouts with Scallions

I have been up to my ears in glue and glitter! My crafting went into overdrive yesterday morning and I finally had to stop to eat and drink...and breathe. When I am on a roll, I'm on a roll. I had some brussel sprouts in the fridge that I picked up last week and decided I should cook them up. I am the only one in the house that will eat them, so they are mine, all mine. They were perfect for lunch.

My favorite way to eat them is roasted in the oven. Since my oven went into overdrive last night (and today too), I thought I'd give it a little break and pan fry them with some scallions.



Pan Fried Brussel Sprouts with Scallions
1 container of brussel spouts (mine are sold in little round cardboard buckets)
1 large scallion
2 tablespoons olive oil
kosher salt
Pecorino Romano cheese

Wash and slice the sprouts and remove any discolored outer leaves.

Slice them lengthwise into 2 or 3 slices depending on the size of the sprout.

Toss them in a bowl with 2 tablespoons of olive oil.

Place them cut side down in a pan on medium high heat. Cover and cook for 3 to 5 minutes, or until sprouts get a nice golden color.

Slice scallion lengthwise into very thin slices. Flip the sprouts over and add the scallions. Cover and cook additional 3 minutes.

Transfer to a bowl and top with shaved Pecorino Romano cheese.

Now if you'll excuse me I have to make 4 desserts, 5 side dishes and a brine a turkey! Enjoy your Turkey Day!

1 comment:

Daziano said...

I must confess something... I don't like brussel sprouts... But I guess I'm not the only one... you said you're the only one who eats them in your house ;)

However I must also confess your recipe looks tempting!