Saturday, January 24, 2009

Bacon & Cheese Omelette Cups

I love Saturday mornings. I get to sleep in a bit, if my internal alarm clock let’s me that is. Some weekend mornings it will, most mornings it doesn’t but that’s ok cause I am a morning person. After a minute of initial wake up I am ready to go. I know some of you just groaned at that last sentence. My husband is so not a morning person. He is a bear in the morning. A big, grumpy, coffee swilling, grunting, messy headed bear. Once given adequate amounts of caffeine and a little time, he turns back into my sweet husband again. We just ignore him until that time arrives.

That being said, I never understood how anyone could be grumpy first thing in the morning. When I was younger, if I showed the least bit of grumpiness my Pa would always say, “What’s there to be grumpy about? You just got up, nuthin’ bad even had a chance to happen yet”. When you think about it…he’s right. So I’m happy in the morning cause it’s another day that I’m up and healthy and breathing and ready to face whatever the day holds for me. Think of the alternative non-morning people, and maybe you’ll start to appreciate your mornings a bit more.

So Saturdays are the three C's day here. Cleaning, chores and cooking. We like to get everything done so that way we have Sunday to relax and be lazy. We like to start the Three C’s day off with a good breakfast. That also ensures that I don’t hear…..”I’m hungry” as an excuse to stall on chores. Fill ‘em up and get ‘em to work.


This recipe started off from a clipping stored in my recipe basket. I have no idea where I got it from. I changed it around quite a bit and made it my own. These would be great for a brunch or shower. Little mini omelettes for everyone!

Bacon & Cheese Omelette Cups

Printable recipe
1 tablespoon butter
½ cup finely chopped onions
6 large eggs
2 cups milk
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 teaspoon Mrs. Dash, or your favorite seasoning
1 tablespoon parsley
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
1 cup bacon, cooked and crumbled
(that was 1 pound before cooking for me)
2 ½ English muffins, crumbled

Preheat the oven to 400. Grease 2 muffin pans. In a small skillet melt the butter over medium heat and cook the onion until tender. Set aside.

In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, chives, pepper & seasoning. Stir in the cheese, crumbled bacon and crumbled English muffins. Add in the cooked onions.

I used a 1/3 cup measuring cup to fill the muffin pan. This filled each cup perfectly. Bake for 20 - 22 minutes. Let cool in pan for 5 minutes. I ran a flexible metal spatula around the edges for easy removal.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

WHY OH WHY am i looking at food blogs before i've eaten breakfast. this is not good. me wants. me wants!

preTzel said...

Another recipe that I am printing out. Can I send you my weightloss bill? :D

slmpetersen said...

These look like something I could make on the weekend and have for quick breakfast through out the week.

mis said...

Very nice. Molto buono.

Anonymous said...

These look so, so yummy! I love these little cheesy bites.

Melissa said...

Killer! I love when eggs, meat and cheese are blended rather than separate. Which is why I like tha abominations that are greasy hole in the wall breakfast burritos.

I used to be grumpy in the morning when I was young. I was a first class you know what, even at 15, when I would have to get up early. That changed for me some years ago, for exactly the reason your dad said. It's the start of a new day! You should be hopeful and happy.