Sunday, January 11, 2009

Livin' on the Edge


Do my friends know me or what? Eva bought me the Bakers' Edge brownie pan for Christmas. I had been eyeing it for quite some time, so I was ecstatic when I received it as a gift from her. I'm surprised it took me this long to use it. After all the sweets we had during the holidays, I'm surprised I'm still baking, but I just can't help myself. My neighbors and co-workers aren't complaining. They all get to share the love. I did nibble off a corner strictly for feedback purposes. I wanted to have a big fat piece, but I am resisting. That corner sure was good and John assured me that the whole big piece he had was moist through and through.

For those of you who haven't heard of it, it's a brownie pan for people who love the edges. I love the brownie edges. I know there are "middle people" who will automatically go for the soft center, but I always go for the crispy edges, be it brownies or lasagna or baked ziti.

I picked the
Marbled Cheesecake Brownies for my first use. I can't begin to tell you how well this pan bakes a brownie. They cooked so evenly. Sometimes the brownie edges get a little over done and the center is still gooey, not with this pan. They cooked completely evenly.


The folks at Baker's Edge are coming out with a lasagna pan in a few months. Can you imagine lasagna where the layers don't slide into each other? Oh I can't wait. Could be the perfect Mothers Day gift. Honey are you reading this?

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've been eyeing this pan for a while too. I am an edge lover, myself! These brownies look great. I'll have to check out the lasagna pan.

Bunny said...

WOW they look great!

Anonymous said...

Am I dreaming? This is the pan of my dreams! I'm an edge (of anything!) lover myself and this is the first time I have seen this nifty item. Must get myself one.

Anonymous said...

That is just the coolest thing! I didn't know there was such a pan! Now I've gotta have one! :)

Anonymous said...

The pan is cool. I know someone who cooks their brownies in cupcake pans to get the edges.

Zesty Cook said...

Lisa - Cakes looks amazing! I love it. Send me a slice:)

Proud Italian Cook said...

Lisa, I'm an edge person too! even with bread, I have to have the heel, the crispier the better. I want that pan, and the lasagna pan!
Those brownies look terrific!

Alyson's Wonderland said...

What an awesome pan! I love the brownie edges!