Sunday, August 1, 2010

Pepperoni Pizza Puffs

Pepperoni Puffs CU

Have you seen the new baby pepperoni from Hormel?

Ok, they really aren't called "baby" pepperoni, they are mini pepperoni, but I think baby pepperoni sounds cuter.

Teeny little bites of pepperoni, perfect for a pasta salad, thrown into a fresh green salad, or the perfect little roni to go into these Pepperoni Pizza Puffs.


Mini pepperoni

No slicing or chopping required.

I made these last Sunday. All 24 of them went within minutes and the boys were asking for more. I guess I should have doubled the recipe huh? Next time I will for sure. I did manage to grab a couple before they were all gobbled up. The kids have been asking all week when I will be making them again.

I found this recipe on Cathy's site Noble Pig. Thanks Cathy!

I changed things up just a bit. Since I have tons of fresh basil growing I chopped some up and threw it in the batter along with some Italian seasonings.


Pepperoni Pizza Puffs
¾ cup flour
¾ teaspoon baking powder
¾ cup whole milk
1 egg, lightly beaten
1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
2 teaspoons fresh chopped basil (you can substitute dried – 1 teaspoon)
4 ounces mozzarella cheese, shredded (about 1 cup)
4 ounces pepperoni, cut into small pieces or use the mini pepperoni (about 1 cup)
Pizza sauce for dipping.

Preheat the oven to 375. Grease a 24-cup mini muffin pan. In a large bowl whisk together the flour and baking powder, whisk in the milk and eggs. Stir in the mozzarella and pepperoni. Let stand for 10 minutes.

Stir batter and divide among the mini muffin cups. Fill almost to the top. Bake until puffed and golden, about 20 – 25 minutes.

Serve with pizza sauce for dipping.

Pepperoni Puffs ECU

I can already tell you that these are going to be on my most requested list. .

13 comments:

Darcy said...

Those look yummy, Lisa! We also do a version of these with taco fixings..yummy! Great after school snacks!

TKW said...

Oh my gosh, I cannot WAIT to make these with my girls. They will absolutely go nuts for them. Thanks for the recipe!

Unknown said...

those look really great....a perfect appetizer for a party!

Deb said...

Those look great. Thanks so much for sharing.

Lauren said...

what an awesome recipe!! thanks so much! And thank you for your blog, it brings me happiness each day :)We're so glad Moose is feeling better too!

The Cutting Edge of Ordinary said...

Thanks all.
Lauren what a sweet comment. Thanks for that.

Unknown said...

I have one word to say - WANT

Amy said...

This is one of those recipes that a mom with small kids immediately says, "Uh huh." Few ingredients, quick/easy, and bite size. Perfect. I printed it out...will make this week.

June said...

A new favorite snack? I think so. Birch recently made some pepperoni bread that went to the beach in splendid style. Now this! Life is good...

Kim said...

These could take the place of boxed brownies for kids weekend snacks. Or adult weekend snacks. ;}

Kim said...

Trying a batch now. I used a medium sized muffin tin so I'm wishing I'd doubled the recipe. Cause I think they will be a hit! And with big ones, there's not as many to go around. Translation: I'm worried Rich will eat them all tonight and there won't be any left for kids at the lake tomorrow.

test it comm said...

These pizza puffs sounds great! I like that you served them with the pizza sauce for dipping.

Teresa said...

These were awesome! Everyone loved them. And I love those little pepperoni things. They are too cute. :-)