Sunday, December 30, 2007

Scandinavian Almond Cake.


I got this recipe from Eva's mother-in-law, Mrs. Bird. I haven't made it in a long time. It's rich, buttery and has a deep almond flavor. I do use a special ridged German made pan to make it. The original recipe called for margarine. I hate margarine....I use butter and it comes out delicious. Mine cracked a wee little bit when I turned it over on to the platter (I didn't wait long enough for it to cool!) Oh well, that's what confectioner's sugar is for.



Scandinavian Almond Cake

1 1/4 cups sugar
1 egg
1 1/2 teaspoons pure almond extract
2/3 cup milk
1 1/4 cups flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 stick melted butter
Pre-heat the oven to 350. Spray pan with vegetable oil. With a wire whisk mix the sugar, egg, almond extract and milk until smooth. Add in the flour and baking powder. Pour the melted butter in and mix well. Just before you pour the batter into the pan you can sprinkle it with sliced almonds. Bake for 40-50 minutes or until golden brown. Cool completely in pan or cake will break.

I'm hiding this cake until tomorrow nights party. If Evan finds out where it is, half of it will be gone. He loves this cake.

No comments: