Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Things that make me happy #12

DAISIES

Not just any flower, but daisies in particular. I usually buy a bunch about every month or so since they almost always last about 3 weeks. I break a large bunch up into smaller groupings and scatter them around the house, sometimes in vases or old milk bottles, or this neat little vase I found today and just had to have. The top has a "frog". Not a ribbit frog, but a floral frog, which is little round holes to help the flowers stand up straight. I love it.

This months bunch is yellow. Last month my Mom got me a huge bunch of white ones for my birthday. Any color will do for me. They are my absolute favorite flower. I'll take a bunch over roses any day of the week.

Daises make me happy.

Check out the 2 new love nuts the guys found when they were diggin the flagpole.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Daisies make me happy too, they're so bright and always perfect looking. They do last a long time and I can enjoy their beauty for more than a few days!

The Not-So-Fluffy Mama said...

Dear Lisa,

I felt compelled to write to you today. I found your website by accident a few months ago when I was looking for a recipe and have been addicted to your blog since. I just read about Fatty... and I am so sorry for your loss. My kitty Tigger is 15 and has had health problems over the last year. When I read what you wrote about Fatty, you brought me to tears. You summed up what I feel about my little one and I could just feel your pain through your words. I just wanted to write to you to let you know that I was really touched by his story and appreciate you sharing it. I once read a poem on another website that was posted by someone who lost their long time kitty companion. Here it is for you. Best wishes to you always. ~Kimberly

BEYOND THE RAINBOW
As much as I loved the life we had and all the times we played,
I was so very tired and knew my time on earth would fade

I saw a wondrous image then of a place that's trouble-free
Where all of us can meet again to spend eternity.

I saw the most beautiful Rainbow, an on the other side
Were meadows rich and beautiful - lush and green and wide
And running through the meadows as far as the eye could see
Were animals of every sort as healthy as could be
My own tired, failing body was fresh and healed and new
And I wanted to go run with them, but I had something left to do
I needed to reach out to you, to tell you I'm alright
That this place is truly wonderful, then a bright glow pierced the night
"Twas the glow of many candles, shining bright and strong and bold
And I knew then that it held your love in it's brilliant shades of gold.
For although we may not be together in the way we used to be
We are still connected by a cord no one can see
So whenever you need to find me, we're never far apart
If you look beyond the Rainbow and listen with your heart