Friday, June 27, 2008

Taking it easy this week.....

It's been kind of a lazy week for us in comparison to the hecticness of our lives sometimes. I made a conscious effort to slow it down a bit. Gram Fran is in the hospital after having suffered 2 small heart attacks, and some complications after heart surgery. At 84, she's a fighter, we can say that for sure. After surgery she was even joking with the staff. Uncle Mark told her they had to give her a blood transfusion. The bad news - was it was Republican blood. She looked up at them at said "Oh, tell everyone I said goodbye". We are happy to know she is still the smart ass we know and love. She is doing better now thankfully, but it made us all take a few steps back to remember what's really important. We needed to slow down.

I made some quick and easy dinners this week so that we had more time after dinner to just chill. We spent quite a few nights under the gazebo reading, talking, calling Ohio for updates and just hanging out till it was bedtime. I putzed around in the yard, took a few pictures of everything in bloom, noticed a few things I want to accomplish over the weekend and planned a few meals. I've got a few new (and some not so new) recipes planned.

I've been working on my 4th of July menu too. The 4th is always a special time for us. John's birthday is on the 3rd and both my brothers on the 6th. Not twins, just born 6 years apart on the same day. We always host the 4th of July party and this year will be no different.



We have some vacation time coming up next week. More chillin' time. Just what we all need.

Get better soon Gram. We love you.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Okay that blood thing cracked me up!

Can't wait to see youe menu for the 4th...it's such a great holiday.

Make some potatoes and enter them into the potato ho roundup!