Sunday, July 20, 2008

This will probably never happen again.


I despise having my picture taken. I think that is one of the reasons that I am always behind the camera instead of in front of it. I have gotten better over the years and have actually allowed a few people to take my photo, as long as they promised never to show it to me.

I've noticed that many bloggers post their pictures in their profile, or on their blogs and I love that. I love to put a face to a blog so to speak. Quite a few people have asked why I haven't posted a photo of myself and I think after reading the first paragraph you understand now. In an effort to get over my phobia, I tried to take a few photos....in the bathroom....with my horrible camera, that I despise even more than having my photo taken. Yes I was in the bathroom, with horrid lighting, a mirror that splits into thirds so I have a lovely line down almost all the photos. Do you know how hard it is to take a photo of yourself? Your eyes automatically look at yourself and not into the camera lens so you always look like your looking away. I swear I took 30 photos and the 6 you see are the only decent ones, and I use that word lightly, that were kinda in focus. I purposely posted the rejects so you could get a laugh. My oldest son was behind me in some of them. He was critiquing me. Hence the confused faces.

So here I am. No retouching what-so-ever. No photo shopped images. I don't even have photoshop. You are getting me au natural. Dark circles under my eyes, frizzy hair (hey it's 95 out!), eyes with no pupils, 44 years of living on my face, me in all my glory. Take a look now, cause I can't promise that I won't freak out and delete this post.

My husband looked at this last photo and said I look like....and I quote "a coked up disco queen". Nice. Thank you hun, that's an esteem builder for sure.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Get the disco ball twirlin'...that made me laugh so dang hard.

Cakespy said...

You have awesome hair! I am jealous!!!

kat said...

Hon, you're a step ahead of me. If it was 95, with northeast humidity, ain't no way in heck my hair would have been down, let alone innerwebs-presentable.

You look mahvelous.