Sunday, October 31, 2010

Right Now

Arcadia shrooms 2


I just looked back. I haven't done one of my "right nows" since June! Shame on me.

I think it's time.

Oh and just a little note...this is my 666th post! Honest, I'm not making that up! How appropriate today huh?

Time: 4:54 pm

In my mug: warm apple cider.

On the stereo: Black Sabbath -Hey it's Halloween after all! I adore Black Sabbath. If you think they are just heavy metal then think again. My fave song on this CD (which I think I wore out when I was a teenager) the only instrumental, Fluff. If you never listened to Black Sabbath, listen to this....



It may change your mind about them. I also love Spiral Architect.

In my belly: Turkey Meatballs & Pasta with Mushroom Cream Sauce. So good! Post coming!

In the fridge: Leftovers, acorn squash, butternut squash, baby eggplants, apple cider.

Last thing on the laptop: I'm reading stuff on this site almost everyday and learning so much.

On my wish list: Cookbooks of course!
These to name a few - Field Guide to Cookies - Anita Chu
Jamie @ Home - I love the way this man thinks and cooks.

John and I have vowed not to spend much at all on each other this Christmas. Maybe just a few little love gifts. We really have everything we need, maybe not everything we want, but surely all we need. I put these cookbooks on my wish list, but if I don't get them, I be fine. Really. Ok maybe if I just get the Jamie's one and I'll be fine.

Looking forward to: Thanksgiving. Love that holiday. No gifts, just food, family and friends....oh and maybe raiding the Halloween bag later!

On the nightstand: Latest copies of Bon Appetit, Saveur, and another Lennon Bio (honestly haven't I read them all yet?) Finished The Reliable Wife in 2 days. Great quick read.

Last thing that made me laugh: (idea stolen from Jen) Overhead a Mom saying to her little girl.

"I don't like your attitude".

Little girl: "Do I look like Little Rabbit Fu-Fu to you??"

1 comment:

Jen H said...

Love this post :) I have Jamie @ Home and it is one of my absolute FAVORITES! He is amazing and the tips he gives you for gardening and using the fresh produce makes me giddy lol. It is totally worth being on the top of a wish list :) I hope it is under your tree this year.