Saturday, February 9, 2008

Chocolate Cupcakes with Peanut Butter Frosting

I had scribbled this recipe down and stuck it in the wicker basket that sits on top of the computer desk along with all the others. I call it my "to try" basket. I weed through it once and a month or so and see if there is something interesting to try.

I know Valentines Day is Thursday and it would have been nice if I saved my cupcake baking for then, but the weekdays are just too hectic for me, so I did some baking today....besides, chocolate and peanut butter don't need no reason.


Chocolate Cupcakes with Peanut Butter Frosting
1 1/2 cups flour
3/4 cup cocoa powder (I used Dutch processed)
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup butter, softened
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
2 eggs, room temp
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup warm milk

Preheat oven to 350. Line 24 muffin cups with paper liners. In medium bowl sift together flour, cocoa, baking soda & powder and salt. In a large bowl cream together the butter and sugars. Beat the eggs in one at a time. Add vanilla.

Add the flour mixture and milk, alternating in 3 additions, ending with the flour.

Evenly distribute into muffin tins. Bake for 15 - 17 minutes or until tester comes out clean. Cool completely on wire rack.

This frosting recipe comes from Natalie at Bake & Destroy. I'm not even a peanut butter fanatic, but this is truly a wonderful thing. Evan happily ate what was left in the bowl after I finished frosting the cupcakes.

Peanut Butter Frosting
2 cups confectionary sugar
1/2 cup butter, softened
pinch salt
2 tablespoons milk
1/2 cup creamy peanut butter.

Beat first 4 ingredients. Add peanut butter and stir until creamy.

No comments: