Tuesday, February 26, 2008

That had to hurt.



As you know from a previous post, I am lucky enough to get farm fresh eggs from some of my co-workers. Well today one of them brought me a dozen "jumbo" eggs. To me the word jumbo does scratch the surface at describing the gargantuality of these eggs. I could not believe it when I saw them. The cover of the egg carton would not even close half way. I took a picture of a few of them in a carton of extra large store bought eggs and it's just too funny when you see them together.

The one in my hand in the top picture actually cracked on the ride home so I broke it open after John took the photo. Double yokes. Just as I had suspected. I could make an omelet with 2 eggs!

Poor chicken sphincter.

1 comment:

Dana @ Cooking At Cafe D said...

If Alton's accurate - and a hen lays an egg almost one per day - I bet you can hear THAT hen a mile away. ;)
And, I those eggs would make good noodles.
Daan