Saturday, December 6, 2008

Busiest week of the year.

This week is by far the busiest week of the year for me. All during the week as soon as the supper dishes were cleared away and lunches were made, I got to finishing up on my crafting.

I like to have all my projects finished up by the end of this week so I can spend the rest of the month baking and wrapping. More importantly, I want to have time to spend with my family and friends. Isn't that what Christmas is all about anyway?

John and Mitch picked up the tree this morning, and while I put the finishing touches on my crafts in the kitchen they were busy getting this 8 1/2 foot monster into the stand and stringing it with lights.
Tonight we'll crank the Christmas tunes and decorate.
Here's a sneak peak at two of my finished projects. My primitive candy canes:


My sparkly, glittery snowballs:

I made about 60 snowballs and 15 sets of the candy canes. I can't begin to tell you how sick I am of glue and glitter. My hands are permanently stained from the grunge I used to antique the candy canes and my nails have totally had it.

I have 3 more gifts that are getting finishing touches today and then I am in wrap mode followed by mailing mode, then on to baking mode and then my favorite mode of all...relaxing and enjoying it all mode.

3 comments:

Shelley said...

Wow, you are one busy mommy. I would love to be creative, I just am not. I used to cross stitch lovely things, but then RA got so bad that I can't hold the fabric anymore, so I quit. Beautiful candy canes. Sounds like you guys are going to have a great time decorating tonight.

Anonymous said...

Wow Miss Crafty you are in full mode here....good luck with all the glue!

Bunny said...

These are so pretty ! You are so talented, I also wish I could do what you do!