Friday, December 26, 2008

One year.

It's hard to believe that one year has passed since I started this blog. I remember being ecstatic when I saw that ten people a day checked in to see what I was up to. Ten! Imagine that? For those of you who weren't around then, here's a look back at my very first post.

December 26, 2007

I have been saying that I was going to start my own blog for almost a year now. Well the year is almost over so I decided I better get my butt in gear and start one. Here is it.

I have had some friends tell me they wish I would post my recipes, pictures, even my thoughts and ideas. I never really thought that I was interesting enough for anyone to want to read any of it. We shall see. I named it The Cutting Edge of Ordinary. Please don't think that ordinary is a bad thing. I am ordinary. My life, my job, my skills, all ordinary. I think it's the ordinary in the world that connects us all. What is extraordinary is the family and friends I surround myself with. Most of which I am sure you will meet in upcoming posts. You will not be disappointed. So here is my first post on my brand spankin' new blog. Pretty ordinary so far.

Here's hoping 2009 brings even bigger and better things to The Cutting Edge of Ordinary. Thanks for sticking around.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Blogiversary!

Shelley said...

congratulations on a year. Sounds like you guys had a great Christmas day. Looking forward to what you have to say in the New year.

Melissa said...

Congratulations! I never thought my blog would become so important to me, or to anyone else, either. Don't you just love the relationships that get cultivated in the food blog community? I think that's the best part.

Cheers to another year!

slmpetersen said...

Happy Blog B-day!

Bunny said...

Happy Anniversary!! Can you believe how fast a year goes by!! Great pictures of your family!!

Anonymous said...

Many happy returns of the day. :) Thanks for putting yourself out there. I don't think I could do it. I appreciate all the great new recipes I've gotten here too.

Lisa magicsprinkles said...

Congratulations on your 1 year blogiversary!