Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Christmas Past

I thought I'd have a little blast from the past and share a few Christmas photos of me and my brothers from the 70's. You know, way back then. You'll notice an absence of my youngest brother in the first few photos. He didn't come around till a bit later.

Yes we had a Tinsel Tree. I hear they are so all the rage now. Pity we didn't keep it. I'm guessing this photo was taken around 1970. My mom was not so good about writing the dates down on the pics. The kid with the white hair is my brother Jay. He's 40 now and his hair is still white.


I believe this was the following year. Yes the Tinsel Tree is still with us, same ugly blue satin ornaments. This was the year of the new bikes. See that bike basket behind my head? I loved that thing. Big plastic daises on it. I was stylin'.


I think this was '72. I asked for a Fancy Curl. You know, one of those big giant doll heads that you could put makeup on and curl the fake hair? It came with a carrying case too. Fancy indeed.


Oh and check out that plastic Santa decoration on top of the TV? My mom had a whole set of them...reindeer's and angels too. She hung them in the windows for years and years. They always creeped me out.

I believe this next one was around 1973. My cousin Tom is the redhead in the middle. I remember those Charlie Brown plastic dolls. I should have hung on to them, there probably a collectors item now.....along with my Mom's Tinsel Tree.


This was our official Christmas photo for 1972. My brother Mark was just a year and a half old. There's not a whole bunch of Christmas photos after 1972. I think my Mom was getting tired.


Thanks for taking this little trip down memory lane with me. I hope in 30 years or so one of my boys will be looking back through all my photos and reliving some of their Christmas memories.

I'd also like to thank all of you who take time out of their busy days to read my blog and share your thoughts, recipes and time with me. You have no idea how amazed I am that anyone other than my family reads this. Extra thanks to those of you who consistently comment and make the recipes I post. Bless your hearts. I'm still tickled every time someone emails and tells me they love my blog or they have made one of my recipes. I have a lot of fun with it. Hopefully 2009 will bring me to the next level of blogging where I can put my creative side to good use. There's lots to be done, so be patient with me in the beginning of '09. I think it's going to be a very good year.

1 comment:

Doreen Frost said...

Oh my goodness..these could have been pictures of my holidays as a child!!!! I got a fancy curl too..and i had that same robe you are wearing :)..what wonderful memories.

Have a Merry, MERRY Christmas.

Many Blessings,
Doreen