Saturday, February 23, 2008

Ted's Montana Grill

Have you ever eaten at a Ted's Montana Grill?

Well if you haven’t…I highly recommend it. This is my second trip to this restaurant. I went once last Fall and I was very impressed. If you haven’t heard of Ted’s, let me fill you in. From their site:

Founded by media entrepreneur and environmentalist Ted Turner and acclaimed restaurateur George McKerrow, Jr., Ted’s Montana Grill is a Classic American Grill featuring fresh, made-from-scratch comfort food within an authentic turn-of-the-century Montana grill atmosphere. The first Ted’s Montana Grill opened in January 2002 in Columbus, Ohio, and has grown to over 50 restaurants in 18 states. The menu, under the direction of Executive Chef, Chris Raucci, features made-from-scratch dishes including all 100-percent natural premium Harris Ranch beef, National Bison Association-certified bison, Springer Mountain Chicken and seafood. The time-honored American favorites include steaks, meatloaf, crab cakes, pecan-crusted trout, cedar plank salmon, burgers, chicken grills and vegetable sides. Daily blue-plate specials, fresh-cut fries, hand-dipped salt and pepper onion rings, delicious soups and an array of salads and desserts round out the menu. Average entrée menu items range from $6 to $20.

I just love the place. I love that everything is made from scratch, I love the décor, kinda Old West and oh well…..here this is easier, from their site again:

No freezer. No microwaves. No boil-in-the-bag. No pretense. We use only all-natural beef, bison and chicken. And in keeping with co-founder Ted Turner’s focus on the environment, we are an eco-friendly establishment that is as passionate about the environment as we are about our food. Recyclable paper menus, paper straws and reusable glass are just a few of the industry-leading ways we do our part so you can eat great and do good. T
ed’s Montana Grill. Who knew making the world a better place could be so delicious?

Delicious it is. This time we went with my folks. When you sit down, they give you a bowl of fresh pickles, so good. The table is covered in rustic paper, the napkins are checkered, and everything is served in glass, not plastic or paper. When you order a root beer, you get the glass bottle. How cool is that?

We started with the onion rings, which were colossal. I didn’t get a picture of those cause we scarfed them down too fast. John, my Dad and I ordered the Bison burgers, my Mom got the bison meatloaf, which she declared delicious. The burgers are huge and moist and juicy. Th
is was the first time I had ever tasted bison. It was different, leaner and it tasted more like meat than meat, if that makes sense. At least it did to me. We all ate every last bite on our plates. Boy am I stuffed.

No comments: