Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Bacony Goodness


Granted this is a recipe we are not going to make very often. Since it's New Year's Day and school and work vacation is almost over I thought I'd give the men a little treat. I'm glad there was no nutritional information that went along with this recipe. I can only imagine! When I saw these on Pioneer Woman Cooks I knew that I had to make it for the bacon fiends that I live with. Club Crackers, cheese and bacon. That's the ingredients list folks. It doesn't get much simpler than this.

Lay your crackers out on a pan. Sprinkle with 1 teaspoon of Parmesan cheese. Cut a pound of bacon in half. Wrap each cracker in one slice of the bacon, making sure you cover the cracker up as much as you possibly can. Lay them on a baking rack. Place the rack on a pan (I covered mine with tin foil so I wouldn't have to clean up a greasy mess). Pop them into the oven at 250 for 2 hours. I was surprised at the small amount of grease that came out as they cooked. I guess the crackers soaked it all up....yum.

When my kids saw these come out of the oven they both immediately turned into Homer Simpson like creatures, drooling "BACON GOOD!".
Post a Comment