Saturday, January 12, 2008

Crescent Layer Bars

This is one of those recipes. You know the recipes you cut out of a magazine, stick in your recipe book, and look at it and say "I should try those" but you never do. Well today I did. What a simple recipe. After I got done photographing them I took a small bite. Wow, this are rich and gooey. I think I may have to cut my bars in half again.

Crescent Layer Bars

1 can (8 oz) Pillsbury® refrigerated crescent dinner rolls (mine was 10oz)
1 cup white vanilla baking chips
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1 cup slivered almonds
1 cup cashew halves and pieces
1 can (14 oz) sweetened condensed milk (not evaporated)


Heat oven to 375°F (350°F for dark pans). Grease bottom and sides of 13x9-inch pan. Unroll dough into 2 long rectangles. Place in pan; press over bottom and 1/2 inch up sides to form crust. Bake 5 minutes.

Remove partially baked crust from oven. Sprinkle vanilla chips, chocolate chips, almonds and cashews evenly over crust. Pour condensed milk evenly over top.

Return to oven; bake 20 to 25 minutes longer or until golden brown. Cool 10 minutes. Run knife around sides of pan. Cool 1 hour. Refrigerate 30 minutes or until chocolate is set. For bars, cut into 9 rows by 4 rows.

No comments: