Monday, January 14, 2008

Panko Pork Chops

I’m a bargain shopper. A lot of my meals are created around what’s on sale, what I found a good deal on at BJ’s Wholesale or Sam’s Club, what’s in season, etc. Last week pork chops were on sale so I picked up a pack. We haven’t had pork chops in a really long time. I looked up a few recipes, narrowed it down to 2 and then decided I would just wing it and make up my own recipe. Sorry no photos we ate them too fast!

Lisa’s Panko Pork Chops
6 good size center cut, bone in chops
3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
2 tablespoons Hellman's mayo
*Panko breadcrumbs
Lawry’s seasoning salt

I prepped these yesterday then popped them in the fridge so I could just throw them in the oven when I got home from work.

Mix the mustard and mayo in a small bowl. In a shallow pie plate mix 1 tablespoon of Lawry’s seasoning salt with a good amount of Panko. Coat each pork chop with the mustard/mayo mixture and press into Panko covering both sides.

Bake at 350 for 25 mins or until internal temp reaches 155. Cover with foil and let rest for 5 mins. Temperature will continue to rise.

The mustard/mayo mixture gave the pork chops a really nice flavor, not overly mustardy. I will be making these again.



*Panko is a Japanese bread crumbs. They are lighter, crispier, and crunchier than traditional bread crumbs. Our local Wal-Mart now carries them, but I get mine at Whole Foods.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

OOOO! That sounds good, I love pork and mustard and that you baked this instead of frying it.

Going on my must try list!

jackiecat

Susan said...

Made these tonight. Tweaked it a bit with my own seasoning blend. They were voted a keeper by this hard to please bunch! Yummy! Thanks!