Sunday, October 12, 2008

Chicken & Noodles

This is my quick and easy version of chicken and noodles. It does include 2 cans of cream of chicken soup, so if that offends you culinary snobs, then stop reading right now. Move along. You have no place here amongst my Pillsbury pie crusts and condensed soups. Shoo.

This was the perfect recipe for me yesterday cause I knew I would be out all day. When we got home after a long day of hiking all I had to do was boil some egg noodles, mix a few more ingredients in and in 30 minutes we had a hearty and satisfying supper. This is kind of a cross between a stew and a soup. It would be great with some home made bread. Hmmm, I need to make some bread.



Chicken & Noodles
Printable recipe
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
4 carrots, sliced.
2 – 10 ¾ oz. cans of cream of chicken soup
14 ½ oz can chicken broth
1 16oz package of egg noodles, cooked
1 cup frozen peas
salt & pepper
1 tablespoon Italian seasoning

Salt & pepper the chicken and place it in the slow cooker. Top with both cans of the soup, the sliced carrots and the Italian seasoning. Cover and cook on low for 6 hours, or until chicken falls apart. Remove chicken and shred. Return shredded chicken to slow cooker. Add in the broth, the frozen peas and cooked noodles. Mix well, cover and cook on low for additional 30 minutes or until heated through.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is perfect for a weeknight dinner, my kiddos would lurve it.

Sandra :) said...

No culinary snob here, hehe! I've just added cream of chicken soup to my grocery list so I can try this - it looks delicious!

Regi said...

Nice... I think I know what we are having for dinner tomorrow night. It looks awesome!