Sunday, October 19, 2008

Yikes!

What a busy and fun weekend! We had a full house Saturday and Sunday! Friday I cooked and baked all day...Saturday we had Evan's birthday party and we ate and ate and ate. Then we took a little breather, and we ate some more. I love feeding my family and friends, and even though I make way to much every single time I host a party, we do enjoy the leftovers, which we had for lunch today and again for supper tonight. John, Tati & Sara came back over to help us finish them up.





We had a house full of kids and Evan was in his glory. When 9pm rolled around, none of them wanted to go home. I guess that means they were all having fun and didn't want to leave.

The cupcakes were a big hit, but aren't they always?? Who doesn't like cupcakes?


Evan was a very lucky little boy and got lots of gift cards towards the X-Box he's been saving for. When family and friends kept asking him what he wanted for his birthday, he jokingly said "cold hard cash".



Well his cousin obliged and gave him some "cold hard cash" (a frozen penny!). How cute was that?


After dessert all the kids hung outside and let me take a group shot......



and a "goofy" shot.


Then they all ran around and played tag in the dark.


It was a really lovely weekend.
Next week my in-laws will be here from Ohio! We are so excited to have them back in Rhode Island. There's going to be lots of cooking going on for sure.

Goodnight Mr. Bones.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That sounds like a great weekend, Happy Birthday and what great cupcakes!

Dana @ Cooking At Cafe D said...

Happy birthday, Evan!
I love that frozen penny :)
And, were those spider cupcakes? Lovely!

Anonymous said...

Happy belated b-day to Evan and a fellow Libra!! I love his "cold hard cash" request. I need to ask for that next year!