Sunday, October 26, 2008

Sleepin In Omelette


I thought it would be nice to have a nice big breakfast this morning to celebrate my in-laws arrival. I know some people don't get along so well with their in-laws but I happen to adore mine (lucky me, I nabbed a terrific husband who just happens to have equally terrific parents). Tati joined us and we had a great morning, just sitting around the kitchen table, eating and talking and enjoying each others company.

This is not a low fat recipe. It's one of those breakfast treats you have once or twice a year. I think it would be great for Christmas morning since it's made the night before and you can just pop it in the oven the next day.

Tonight Mom's making her famous baby back ribs with Kluski noodles (which we can't get here in RI!). My boys can hardly wait. Yeah for Grandma G!

Sleepin’ in Omelette - adapted from a recipe by the Pioneer Woman

Printable recipe
6 onion rolls
1 cup grated cheddar cheese
1- 8 ounce package cream cheese
1 stick butter (PW used 1 1/2 sticks, but trust me, 1 was plenty!)
10 eggs
2 cups milk
1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
dash of cayenne pepper
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon chopped chives


Generously butter 9 x 13 baking dish. Tear onion rolls into chunks. Sprinkle with cheddar cheese, then tear cream cheese into small piece and place over the top. Cut 1 stick butter into pats and place over the top.

Mix remaining ingredients and pour over the top of the dish. Cover and refrigerate overnight.The next morning, bake at 325 degrees, covered, for 45 minutes. Then remove foil and continue baking at 350 for 10-15 minutes.

2 comments:

preTzel said...

GAH! You're going to make me FAT with all of these recipes! Heh.

Anonymous said...

Can I come over for the food fest taking place at your house?