Sunday, March 2, 2008

Smoky Porky Goodness

Saturday morning John got the smoker going (in the snow) and smoked a 10 pound pork shoulder. I thought it was a butt, but he informed me that it was a shoulder, not a butt, hence the big bone in it. You can't have a bone in your butt?? Ummmm never mind. You didn't hear that, lol.

I had slathered it with mustard and put a spice rub on it and let it sit in the fridge overnight. He put it on the smoker at 7am and we took it off around 6pm. It made the whole house smell like smoked hickory.

It was mighty tasty. I made some pasta salad and the three-bean baked beans I posted before. Eva brought a yummy concoction that tasted like a banana split. It had strawberries, bananas, pineapples and coconut in it and whipped cream, can't forget the whipped cream.

We had a nice night filled with lots of laughs as always and lunch was easy today....leftovers!

No comments: